Mom's are BUSY people when it comes down to it. And that is one of the things I am most grateful for. They sacrifice their time and often their childhood dreams of fame and fortune to have children and raise them.
My mom was no exception. She wanted to "dance her life away". Instead she became a teacher, and mother, then made sure her daughters felt her love of dance. But always encouraged us to do what WE loved and never forced her dreams on us.
My mom is a gentle person. Sweet in every way and I hope that somewhere in my fiery personality I learned some of her patience and kindness.
My mom bore 8 children and loves each and every single one of us as much as the next, but in very individual ways as well. She now has 19 grandchildren (and one on the way from me!) and I know she loves each and every one of them immensely!
I love my mom more today than ever before. Now that I am a mom myself I understand a bit of what she has gone through and I appologize for being so strongheaded and contentious at times. You really do NOT understand how much your mother loves you until you have children of your own.
Once when I was little, I told my mother that if all the moms of the world were apples on a tree, and I could pick ANY one I wanted, I would still pick her. And that is still true today.
I love you mommy! I love every moment I can have to see you and be with you. I hope you have a fabulous Mother's Day!
I am not sure what my mother in law's dreams were, but I know she had them. Again she made the choice to stay at home with her children and help them become who they wanted to become. She bore seven children and has always tried to show them that she loves them. I can't complain about her child raising, because she was part of helping Tyson become the man he is today -- the man that is so patient and kind, and currently letting my 3 year old "help" him make breakfast for mommy. ;)
She now has fifteen grandchildren with 2 on the way. I have a feeling those kids are the joy of her life.
I witnessed some of the immense sacrifice it was for her to not only take care of her children but of dad Ratliff when he got sick. It was a hard burden to bear, and she bore it with smiles and love. Trying to never let it detract from her duties as mother as well. She copes with a lot of stress, yet always tries to have a smile on. She is a strong woman.
I have always felt loved and welcomed by my mother in law. It is hard for us to be so far away and only see Tyson's family a few times a year at most. But we love her and all of them. I think the best thing I could do would be to let Tyson say a few words about his mom. So here he is:
I have nothing but the utmost love and respect for my mother. As Stacey said, she has dealt with a lot of heavy things over the years, and she has always done so with love and grace. And she has always made sure ours was a home of love and support.
She would sometimes leave little treats for us kids. I remember once when I was probably in first or second grade, I came home from school and found a brand new yellow jumprope waiting on my bed for me. I was so excited to have that yellow jumprope. I suspect it wasn't really the jumprope itself so much as having even that small token of love and affection.
Thank you for everything you do Mom. I love you more than words can say. Happy Mothers Day.




2 comments:
great tributes to your moms. It is such a sacrifice to be a mother but the rewards are immense and eternal. :)
Thanks for the thoughts and pictures! You are a great mom yourself! Happy Mothers Day!
Post a Comment