Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy September!

I was thinking yesterday about time, and couldn't believe it was already September! Especially shocking to me was the fact that in 7 days my baby girl will be 5 months old. Wow!

It doesn't seem fair that when you want time to be slow it goes faster. In general the world is a fast paced place. We live longer today than in times past, and yet life goes faster. Why is that?

I really don't have all the answers. I have a few theories that are probably silly, but it was just something I was thinking about. It makes me anxious to spend time with the people that are important to me, do the things that are most important to me, and live the life I want now and not tomorrow. Because tomorrow comes too quickly, and I say the same thing. Life cannot be lived in tomorrows, it has to be lived today.

So for all of you, Happy September! Why wait until a holiday to celebrate. Celebrate now. Celebrate life. Celebrate the fall appraching. Celebrate September.

4 comments:

Ratliffs said...

Not a problem for us!! Its our 6th anniversary in just 2 weeks!!! September always starts our partying off right. Then by the time we're through (Feb) I'm done! Oh, and another thing to celebrate here is the COOLER weather! Its so nice right now! Seriously, I can keep the house at 71 all day!!! With a SWAMP!

Stacey said...

Fun! I'm glad someone else is enjoying this time of year. It has been BEAUTIFUL in Utah. On Monday especially, the high was like 67! It was so nice to open the windows, not have to run the air and have it cool in the house. It is starting to warm up a bit again, but the mornings and evenings have still been really nice. I love the Fall! Bring it on!

Vicki said...

Aunt Judy's theory about time going faster is that Heavenly Father is literally speeding up the time-to get us to the 2nd coming faster. I thought that was interesting--it doesn't just seem---it is!

Stacey said...

I have thought about that too. It makes sense to me. It seems like kids have to grow up faster, things have to be put more in priority in order for us to get everything done that is MOST importatnt.