Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hubby Tag

So apparently when you do a blog tag you are supposed to list people to do it too, so...Aimee, Brina, Torri, Angela, Courtney, and anyone else who reads my blog and wants to do a tag here you go. This one is all about your hubby.


This is a picture of Tyson and I at Bridal Veil Falls

1) Where did you meet? (the first time)
Tyson and I met at BYU. We were in the same ward. We both lived in DT, but I was put in the upper classman ward. Tyson had just got home from his mission a few weeks before school started, so he didn't have time to find a place to live, so he just signed up to stay in DT for his sophmore year (I sure am glad he did!). Our ward consisted of mostly freshman girls and RM guys. There were bound to be some marriages out of that arrangement! Tyson and I really met in our FHE group in that ward. That is a long story too. But it was the best FHE group ever.

2) How long did you date before you were married?
Tyson and I officially started dating on November 10, 2001 and were married on June 27, 2003. So we made it about a little over a year and a half.

3) How long have you been married?
Five years and counting! The best and fastest five years of my life!




These are pictures from our 5th anniversary this year.

4) What does he do that surprises you?
The most surprising thing about Tyson is when he loses his temper. It is very rare, and seems to be a result of built up frustration with lots of things that finally blows, rather than getting really upset about one thing.

5) What is your favorite feature about him?
Um...do I have to answer this? My friends from our FHE group knows this...okay I'll say it, I'm a butt girl!

6) What is your favorite quality about him?
How patient he is with me. Thanks for putting up with me baby!

7) Does he have a nickname for you?
Fuh fuh (don't ask...). And Cuddle Bug.

8) What is his favorite color?
Yellow.



This is us at Seal Beach when I was 5 months pregnant...notice the yellow shirt.

9) What is his favorite food?
Hmmm tough one actually. Tyson eats lots of stuff and likes lots of stuff. I'll go with pork chops since he orders those a lot when we're out and he always likes it when I make them at home.

10) What is his favorite sport?
Do video games count? Tyson doesn't watch sports.

11) Who said "I love you" first?
Funny story. I did. But it was totally an accident. I blurted it out after he did something cute while we were at Disneyland. But I was so upset with myself and flustered I pretty much ordered him to ignore what I had just done and not say anything. A few days later when we had some romantic alone time he whispered to me "I love you, too" and made my blunder all better.

12) When and where was your first kiss?
Tyson's 22nd birthday, exactly one month after our first date, outside my dorm.

13) What is your favorite thing to do together?
Hmmm. Just being together is nice. But we love watching movies, reading books, going for walks....

14) How old is he?
29 in Dec.

15) Do you have any kids?
Our perfect Rebecca.

16) What is a hidden talent he has?
He can make me completely forget about myself and my "problems" and focus on him and how much I love him.

17) What is his favorite type of music?
Classic Rock

18) What do you admire most about him?
Absolutely everything. He is the kindest most wonderful man in the entire world.

19) Do you think he is going to read this?
Um, maybe eventually. If I tell him to check my blog he will.


Tyson and I at Bear Lake.

If you do read this...I love you honey!

9 comments:

Geo said...

Whole lotta kissin' goin' on!

(You got that right!)

Sara said...

I thought it was a fun tag, thanks for doing it! I wasn't sure if anyone had read it, because no one commented! ;-) Love your pictures, very cute!

Ratliffs said...

FUN! I especially like the freshman girls with all those RMs! I'm sure you were all in Heaven! ;).

Stacey said...

We were actually scared to death! At 18 I didn't think I was ready to meet my husband yet. I'm glad I did though!

Humanist mom said...

Aw! How sweet. I don't know anything about your hubby so I am glad you posted this!

Brina said...

This is cute! I liked some of the stories I hadn't heard before. The "I love you" one was really sweet. You two are made for each other. :)

Stacey said...

In responde to Georgia...I love kissy pictures. And kissy scenes in books and movies. I love kissing! Ha ha. One detail I did not put on there was our first "kiss" wasn't so much as just a kiss but a 20 minute make-out session...and that was both of our first kisses EVER. Ha ha.

The Danite said...

"This is a picture of Tyson and me at Bridal Veil Falls." (Objective case "me", not nominative case "I.")

Tyson appears to be in desperate need of a haircut.

And no one needs the lurid details of your love life. Ick.

Stacey said...

Always the fun one aren't you bro?