Friday, January 9, 2009

Rebecca is 9 Months Old!

Wow! I mean really, wow! She is as old as I was pregnant (well, give or take a week). But, WOW!


She had her wellness check today and she is 17 lbs 13 oz and 29 inches long (wow! almost 2 1/2 feet!). That puts her at....95th percentile for height (up from 90th) and 40th percentile for weight (down from 50th). The doctor said getting a little skinnier is normal now that she is crawling and being more active, and that since she is obviously still growing tons (the height) that there is nothing to worry about. That's my long skinny girl!

I am so proud to be her mom! She is such a sweetheart, so curious about the world and wanting to be a bigger part of it. I cannot wait to see what her life has in store for her. She already shows so much determination (and dare I say some stubborness she got from her mom) that I know great things are in store for her! Anywho, that's our big news today!

6 comments:

Angela said...

When my google reader showed that you had a new post, I thought FOR SURE that it was going to be about the news that you can now pre-order the special edition 2-disk TWILIGHT DVD starting today . . . . . or is that the next post now that you know about it?? ;)

Ratliffs said...

Go Becca!! She's only two pounds behind Andrew!! She's a cutie and we're sure glad to have her in the family!!

Humanist mom said...

Wow, I can't believe she is already 9 months old! Time flies. Don't worry about the charts at all, Wes is 50% for height and 3rd% for weight. Crazy!

Stacey said...

Nope speedy, my baby is more important than Twilight. ;) But I wasn't aware that you could order it today! Alas we had to fix our car so I will have to wait to order it. ;)

Rob & Tiffanie said...

I love the well checks--it's fun to see their growth. My kids have always been in the 90th + on height and 75 + in weight. Cheyenne has been a little smaller, but is catching up. No chance for petite here:)

Nicole said...

She is such a doll!!