Thursday, September 3, 2009

Our Busy Busy Summer: Part 1!!!

Why is this split into parts you ask??? Because there is SOOO much that I am behind on, and most of it happened in the last month. SOOO much has happened since I last posted much. Obviously I made a quick post about my dad's passing, but of that month from the Thursday before Pioneer day to Sunday the 23rd Rebecca and I were only home for a total of 9 days!

This first set of pictures is from that first trip to CA over Pioneer day weekend.

When we got there the kids were dying to get some energy out so we played in the water in the backyard.





Then we took a day trip to the beach!

Rebecca and Brooke playing in the sand.

At the beach!





Brookie stomping in the water!

Then on Saturday we went to the Santa Ana Zoo. They have a farm section where we have a train ride, a petting zoo and a carossel.

The group on the train (Bethany is cut off I think).

Rebecca and her tongue out.

Mommy and becca on the train!

I thought this was a cute thing to put on a barn!

Aparently if we shaved this horse it would have pink skin. Kinda cool.

Bookie on the train.

On the Carosell. Becca LOVED it!

A two headed turtle with two babies next to it!

Becca was a little freaked out by the goats up close. When we saw them from the train she was excited and said "Go, go!"

Grandma and the grandkids.

This bright red bird was pretty amazing!

Becca loves birds and ducks. She was pointing at this one saying "Duck! Qua qua!"

Derek and Ann and his family came for the weekend as well.

Kai and her dad. I just love this shot. Proof that teenagers DO love thier parents!

Uncle Derek holding Brookie and Becca.

The kids with great-grandpa.

Becca and Grandpa Bowen

I know I already posted one of these, but it fits here too. We got pictures with Grandpa before we left.

Becca and Kai doing the Bowen tongue...

And again. My kid always has her tongue out!


The drive home was long, but I was so glad we went. Little did I know we would be going back so soon. The Sunday after we got back we had dinner with Sean and Michelle again.
Alex headed back to Kansas so we had dinner with him and one last picture for the year. We'll miss you!

The next post will be more of what happened next. Saturday after this I went back to CA because my dad was in the hospital. The Tuesday after that he passed away.

More photos to come...

4 comments:

Sara said...

It was a crazy, rollercoaster month for you wasn't it? Thank heavens you got to see your dad a few more times before he passed away. So many cute pictures! I love the new header.

i'm erin. said...

Wow, that was a lot this summer. YOu are amazing.

Stacey said...

Oh Erin that isn't even half of it! Tomorrow an even BIGGER post goes up with pics from two more trips!

Ratliffs said...

Glad you were able to have some fun times amid all of the stressfulness!