A Night At the BeachI love love love Seal Beach. I may have lived in Utah most of my adult life, and all of my married life, but I still call it home. This is the pier with Ruby's on the end.
Becca and Daddy with the Bronze Seal.
Becca and Mommy with the Seal (We were waiting for our cousins to show up).
Walking down the pier. You just can't come without doing this at least once. Plus I was very ready for some exercize. My mom's house was flooded with lots of treats and food from the RS. This is Tyson, Becca, Me, Michelle, Brooke, Bethany and Kai! (Sean took the picture).
Seal Beach looking towards Long Beach (the buildings are Downtown LB).
Someone caught this baby shark. I'm not sure what kind but I'm guessing Tiger???
The cousins!
Our little family.
Another important family tradition is going to Harbor House Cafe in Sunset Beach. It is a place dad used to love going. This was our tribute to him. Somehow I didnt get a picture of the other table, but here we are Left Side Sean, Wendy, Aunt Ethel (my dad's little sister), Ann and Derek. Right Side Tyson, me, Georgia and Rob.
Dad's Funeral
The funeral was both hard and good at the same time. I didn't get pictures at the viewing or luncheon (this trip for me was highly under photographed, but I was thinking of other things). But here is what I do have.
So we got home from that and then less than 24 hours later got on a plane to fly to Sacramento for Taron (Tyson's brother) and Sam's wedding!
Not the best picture of anyone, but I realized later that it was the only shot I have mom Mom R's dress, which I thought was really pretty.
Our little family.
There they are! Glowing and happy!
So cute!
The kids attacked Taron, it was so funny!
Do you Spy what I Spy in this photo? (You many need to click on it for the larger version).
Caden, Ian, and Victoria.
This is about all we saw of Becca all day. She just wanted to run around and not be bothered by anyone.
Mom and Becca (one of the best pictures of us to date I think).
Taron and Sam and the neices and nephews (not even all of them!)
I don't know what kind of flowers these were, but I liked them, so I took a picture...deal. ;)
Taron and Sam with Trevor and Aimee's family. They wouldn't be at the Reception where they were taking the other Ratliff family pics.
Same with us. So we got one with them that day.
The brothers. Only missing #1. Top: Trevor and Tyson Bottom: Tevan, Taron and Trent. (Yes all of Tyson's siblings start with T)
Goof balls.
Sacramento Temple. It was such a beautiful day!
Our family in front of the SAC temple.
Then we had the yummy luncheon and went back to Aunt Judy's so Taron and Sam could open a few presents for those of us who wouldn't be around after the reception. Taron's arms are huge. That is not an optical illusion.
So cute and happy! Yay! We love Aunt Sam already!
Everyone watching.
Sunburned cheeks and nose Becca.
Spending Time with the Bowen Cousins
My brother lives near Sacramento so for space and comfort we stayed with them (thanks guys!). Here are some pictures from our time spent with them.
We stopped at Sonic durring happy hour one day and Becca LOVED mine!
Maxwell had some of his sister's in a cup.
James shared his with his friend Joe.
Sophie is just adorable.
Another day we all went swimming in the backyard. Sophie.
Becca in one of Sophie's old swimsuits.
James didn't join us at first, but then did later.
Maxwell was very menacing with the hose (but it wasn't on).
All the kids in the pool having fun!
Becca and Maxwell!
Then it was bathtime! Gotta love bubble baths!
Phew, okay, so we came home shortly after this picture. Coming soon, some odds and ends of some things we have done since being home!




5 comments:
Again, I am so sorry for your loss Stacey. I know it's been a hard month, but also joyful (with the wedding). Life is crazy like that I guess - we have to celebrate the precious moments, because they go so quickly. I love the picture of you and Becca! (and your family too)
Those pictures are great! You look like you have a wonderful family! p.s. It's a leopard shark ;) I'm not sure I would swim in the murky California waters if I knew there were tigers out there!
p.s. I am a nerd. I know a lot about sharks. Lol!
Ah yes! Leopard Shark, that makes more sense. Honestly, they have caught baby great whites off SB pier before. No sharks stay in the area long, but it is warmer water because of the Santa Ana river coming into the ocean in between SB and LB so lots of little baby sharks.
Crazy about the sharks!! When we were there last weekend, I thought about going to your beautiful beach! Maybe next time...Love the picture of Tyson and Becca with the Rose.
Post a Comment