Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wow! Germany Part 1!

Our trip to Germany has been so so much fun! I have found that since I started facebook I don't post on here nearly enough. I hope to switch that up some again and post more on here. I have already posted the first set of photos on facebook, but here are a few of them on here!


Tyson and I at the SLC airport ready for our adventure!

Our 777 jet that we took for Chicago OHare to Munich.

In Munich (or it's real name, Munchin!)

View from our hotel room.

More view.

Hotel room...complete with bathrobes and slippers. It's nice to be on buisness and stay on the executive floor at a hilton!

The river way canal through the neighborhood by the hotel.

Us! Proof we were there and not just our camera.

Fall colors! So beautiful!

Just around the riverbend....

The italian place where we had real italian pizza. Yum!

Tyson and the Maypole behind the hotel.

The next day I went on a walk to the Englischer Garten by myself while Tyson was doing conference stuff. It was so amazingly beautiful!

Narnia anyone?

Breathtakingly beautiful!

Really cool geese. These two were mixed in with the average European geese. I have no clue what kind they are but their markings were really cool!

Eurpoean Goose.

Cool old tree!

Two white swans and one brown/grey one! I had never seen a brown/grey swan before!

The pagoda in the gardens.

Our room service Apple Struddel...

And bratworst sausage (all rolled up!), skillet potatoes, and saurkraut!

Tyson has told me for years that saurkraut is different in Germany than it is here in the US. It is much less sour and firmented tasting, but still had a vinegarry zing to it. It was good!

Us in the UBahn

At Theatinerkirche in Odensplatz

Lion sculpture in Odensplatz

Tyson and an Arch memorial at Odensplatz

Close up of the statue

Courtyard of the Royal Residenz in Munich

False facade...complete with painted bricks and king and queen looking out the "windows".

Fawn bronze statue in the front garden courtyard. The Konigsbau Courtyard.

Back garden courtyard - Royal Courtyard.

Antiquarium

Ceiling

End of the Antiquarium

Fountain Courtyard

Bronze statue of Hercules slaying Medussa, it was large and near lifesize. It was pretty cool.

Tyson liked the painting of the bull beating up the dogs.

I think this might be the charlotte corridor?

Tyson with a statue. I think Tyson is the cuter one. ;)


Ancestral Gallery, complete with portaits, gilded decor and a family tree.

We had to get a shot of the sausage house!

This is Mariensplatz. The city center. This building in the back is a government building that is still used today. The pillar stands in teh center of the square. From the balconies of this building out to a crowded square is one of the famous locations of Hitler's speeches.

Part of the inner gate.

Tyson and I went for a walk in the Englischer Garten before we left that day because he hadn't been through it much.

We saw pure white geese!

A large standing plaque that dates the garden back to the 1500s!

beautiful fall colors.

With the big flock of geese again.

So many geese!



Someone left their bike by this tree and I thought it was a great shot.

So later that day we went to our new hotel and the intese sight seeing began! More pictures to come later!

9 comments:

BallerinaBiker said...

Wow! Looks like an awesome trip! You are lucky!

Jen said...

I've been wondering why you aren't posting much any more- i guess that makes sense. How did Becca to with you gone so long?

Stacey said...

Hi guys!

Court- it was a blast! But I am glad to be home with my baby girl!

Jen - She did just fine. She had tons of fun with Gamma. I think I missed her more than she missed us.

Torri said...

Gorgeous photos. I'm glad your trip was a blast, Glad you're back safe and sound. And wishing I could go see amazing things too. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Ratliffs said...

Yay for pictures!!! Makes me want to visit my cousin in London RIGHT NOW!!

Stacey said...

Can I come too? ;) Germany was so fun and amazing, but anyone who knows me knows how much I love London!!!!!!

Geo said...

Thank heaven for digital cameras! Keep those photos comin', cuz. I need some vicarious thrills!d

Rob & Tiffanie said...

So it's a little different than Utah...:) Such beautiful scenery. I think one day when I don't have a troop of little ones I would love to check it out since I married into the Sterzer Germans:)

Ratliffs said...

The plan is to visit London in three years! You can start saving (along with us) and come with us!!!