Friday, January 1, 2010

It's a New Year, and a New Me!

This year, I decided to publicly post my most important resolutions. I think it's important to write stuff down and be accountable for them because I have been so bad at it in the past, that I know how badly that goes. I also know blanket statements like "do ____ more" don't work either, how do you measure that? So here they are! I challenge you to do the same!

1) Finish my first novel and have it edited before June. (**bonus goal, start something new that I can work on at the BYU conference this year)

2) Lose 10% of my body weight by my 7 year anniversary with Tyson on June 27th. (This is a BIG one for me. But I do have to post one acception...if I get pregnant, although I could still probably be fine and lose weight I am not locking myself into any numbers.)

3) Get to the temple at least 6 times this year. This may be a small goal for some of you, but to be honest our temple attendance has been very lacking. And with so many temples so close, I really have no excuse. So what if I have to drive to Jordan River so that I can rent a dress because my old one doesn't fit anymore? Really? It's a whole 10 minutes farther away than the temple down the street.

and lastly, this is one that is less calculatable, but it's important to me...
4) Spend more quality time with Rebecca and Tyson. Too many nights we spend in front of the TV and not enjoying being a family.

So there it is folks. It looks like a tall order for me but I think I can do it. And I know I have amazing friends and family that will support me and help me along the way.

Happy New Year everyone. Here is to the best 2010 possible!

5 comments:

Ratliffs said...

Best of luck with your goals!! They are great ones! I tend to not pay much attention to that because I am normally the type of person who likes to do that throughout the year anyway. I figure, if I'm working on being the best me (for myself and my family), then that's all I need to worry about! Good luck again! :) Although, I'm hoping for a pregnancy more than weight loss.... :) But like you said, maybe you could do both?!

Geo said...

You can do it, Stacey. These are great goals. I have confidence in my cousin.

How's this for a word verfication: flushem!

Sara said...

Those are great goals!! Of course I will support you and believe in you all the way - and in anyway possible!! :-) I hope you have a GREAT year!!

Stacey said...

Thanks guys!

Carrie said...

I am blogstalking you again. LOL! Great goals! I will go to the temple with you some time. Is it sad to admit, even though we were sealed in the temple 10 years ago, I have only done endowments 3 times? The last time being 8 years ago. Not remembering what to do and when isn't a good excuse and neither is living out of Utah where driving 4 hours isn't exactly accessible, but still. So, some night if you need a temple buddy, let me know and I will get Lane to watch the kiddos.