Friday, January 8, 2010

Temple Square Lights

For FHE on Monday the 14th for FHE we went to temple square with our friends the Russels to see the Christmas lights. It was so much fun!

It was a game night for the Jazz so we drove around FOREVER looking for reasonable/close parking. This was after we finally found some and were walking a block or so to temple square. It's blurry, I need a new camera!

So beautiful and peaceful!

Our family. You know he's cold when Tyson pulls out the gloves! If only I could convince him to wear a hat...

Mommy and Becca by the green lighted bushes. She loved seeing all the colored lights!


Becca was all bundled up for the cold! It was a cold night, but well worth it!


This was such a beautiful shot that Linds got! Evidence that I need a better camera!

By the BIG red tree! I love this red tree!

Me and Lindsey!

Friends having a good time!

My and the love of my life!

Becca liked the snow and reached for it ancy chance she could.

So pretty! I just love Christmas!

Our Forever Family! I am so grateful to have them!

The luminarias around temple square were really cool.

We went inside the Joseph Smith Memorial building to let the kids warm up a bit. Becca had so much fun running around with Lizzie and Andrew. Here they are with the tree!

Really nice view of one of the light trees and the temple.

This is from the west side of the temple. The trees casting their shadow on the temple made me thing of a gothic castle.

The Assembly Hall.

The Star of Bethlehem.

Us by the grove of golden lights. It was so much fun!

7 comments:

Sami said...

I've only been to temple square while it was all lit up once and I was pretty young. I would love to go again sometime! =)

Stacey said...

You guys should come down sometime next winter and we can go!

Jen said...

When I see you at temple square it actually makes me miss living in Utah!

Team Beardshall said...

Cant beat seeing the lights at temple square. I still think you got some good pictures, looks like a good FHE to me!

Ratliffs said...

I loved the year I had to be there during Christmas! SO much fun stuff happens in December at Temple Square!! Cute pictures!

Rob & Tiffanie said...

I chickened out again this year---I really hate the cold and downtown. It adds chaos with 3 cold kids as well. Why can't they light up a closer temple:)

Stacey said...

Tiffanie, we never went last year because of the cold. Becca was too little to appriciate it anyway, so I don't blame you!

Aimee, they do do lots of fun stuff. We have been to the decotional and MoTab concerts before and it is lots of fun!