Thursday, March 25, 2010

Goal Updates

These were my year goals and updates

1) Finish my first novel and have it edited before June. (**bonus goal, start something new that I can work on at the BYU conference this year)

  • yeah not even close. I have written a VERY little. I am spending more of my time reading books.
2) Lose 10% of my body weight by my 7 year anniversary with Tyson on June 27th. (This is a BIG one for me. But I do have to post one acception...if I get pregnant, although I could still probably be fine and lose weight I am not locking myself into any numbers.)

  • I guess announceing how much I have to lose still and how much I have lost will be admitting how much I did/do weigh...but...with a little more to go I wanted you to know I have lost 20.5 lbs!!!! I am so so so so thrilled! Keep on going!

3) Get to the temple at least 6 times this year. This may be a small goal for some of you, but to be honest our temple attendance has been very lacking. And with so many temples so close, I really have no excuse. So what if I have to drive to Jordan River so that I can rent a dress because my old one doesn't fit anymore? Really? It's a whole 10 minutes farther away than the temple down the street.

  • I've been once to do initiatories.

4) Spend more quality time with Rebecca and Tyson. Too many nights we spend in front of the TV and not enjoying being a family.

  • I think we are doing well at this. We still watch shows some nights but I feel more fulfilled with our family life than I had been. I need to remember this though as it is easy to get back in the TV watching habit!

So there it is folks! How are you doing on your goals???

3 comments:

Ratliffs said...

Since I didn't make any, I'm doing great! :) Good job on yours though!

Sami said...

Currently...terrible! Everything seems to go out the window during busy semesters! But I have a whole list of goals to start once I graduate! Some of them are very similar to yours. =) Good luck!!!

Randi said...

sounds like you are doing pretty well on most of them! congrats on that! - I have the same temple goal sort of (to go every other month)so I dont think it is too small we can start small and get better and better!