The Living Planet AquariumOn Monday April 5th we went to the aquarium for a play date. It was VERY crowded but a fun little place. Becca had a lot of fun (despite a few tantrums over the crowds and having to wait to see the fish. She LOVES fish.)

We all got there at kindof different times in the morning, which wouldn't have been a problem if the line to get in weren't so long. These are the kids when we were waiting for Dialma and the twins.

Becca also loves frogs. This big frog was pretty fun for the kids to climb on!

All of us!

Becca facing off a toad.

The Eel tank.

Dialma holding Becca and showing the girls the octopus. I didn't see until after I took pictures the sign that said not to use flash...sorry little guy! Or should I say big guy. He was really neat. (And thanks to Dialma for helping out with Becca so I could maneuver the stroller. I should have just not have brought it in.)

Becca and Brad at the ray touch pool. Becca just likes to touch the water. She doesn't like to actually touch the animals.

All the kis at the touch pool (except Bella) We just didn't seem to be able to keep all the kids together!

This is in the South American area. I honestly don't know if he was a crocodile or alligator...

The penguins (excuse my flash mark on the glass)! This was the reason we came and they were so fun! They were VERY active.

Becca and Brad playing in the play area.

That's my sweetheart!

Brad and Becca listening to story time about "Tacky the Penguin"
It really was fun in the end, although stressfull for mom a little bit. ;) We had lunch with Dialma and the girls afterwards at ChicFilA and it was a good way to have something to do all day other than clean the house. Of course, now I have to do that on my birthday. ;)
5 comments:
It's not a crocodile or an alligator, it's a caiman :) I am a total animal facts nerd buff. I love the aquarium!
Looks like a great way to spend your day! Do you think it will get any less crowded (did the penguins just attract a lot of attention?)?
Thanks Chelsea! We were just walking through that part so fast that we didn't stop to see what they were...we just wanted to see the penguins and get out of there at that point.
Aimee, I was told it usually isn't that crowded. It was spring break for a lot of kids, and a cold rainy day. So not much else to do. Plus we were there RIGHT when they opened and thus there was a whole line of people to get in. If we had waited until after lunch (we left right around lunch time) it would have been a lot better.
What a fun playdate. Great pictures! SOunds like Becca loves that place, so cute!!
We have a season pass (they are so cheap there, a season pass is the price of going to the aquarium 2x, so it's like $20 or something) so we go at least 2x per month. It's usually not that crazy, I know a bunch of people who decided to go on Monday and everyone said it was crazy. We are always up to go if anyone ever wants to!
Post a Comment