Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Fun, part 2!

Easter Weekend was very busy and very fun for us this year! Here is what we were up to!

Good Friday Easter Egg Dying!
Okay so I have to admit that I don't think any of us realized it was Good Friday when we planned coloring eggs over at the Russell's on Friday night, but it was fun! Linds made yummy chilli then we colored eggs and decorated cookies! It was a fun night.

All the colors fizzing away.

Our newspaper was even festive.

Lindsey and Andrew dying their egg!

Willis, Shauna and Andrew. Classic shot of all of them!

Lizzie and Jake!

Tyson and Becca coloring Becca's egg.

My rainbow egg. It didn't turn out super great this year, the swirls weren't very good and I think it prevented the colors from looking better.

Jake drew his own face on an egg! Then proceeded to drop it and crack the shell. How very freudian of him.

The best, and the worst of them. ;)

My rainbow egg and Willis' BYU egg! GO BYU! We thought about making a red U egg and smashing it...but didn't want to waste the food.

My green/blue polka dot egg was probably my best. That bright rainbow egg was Shauna's and I have to admit that it turned out better than mine in color.

Becca decorating her bunny cookie.

Mmmm cookie!

The girls and our cookies.

Villages HOA Easter Egg Hunt

On Saturday I was in charge of our neighborhood Easter Egg hunt in between conference sessions (which I must say conference was AMAZING and so much for ME!). Here is how the egg hunt turned out.

My reminder sign.

The moms setting out the eggs. We had about 700 eggs! Thanks for your help ladies!

Becca playing on the playground with the other kids waiting for it to start.

A field of eggs.

All the kids collecting eggs! It was very satisfying to hear their joy and excitement!

Action shot!

Don't waste time opening it! Just put it in your basket!

Cute girl!

Lunch with Friends

Then I went to Red Robin with the Jorgensen girls for a quick girl's lunch before second session. It was so good to see them again!



Me and Amy!

Easter Bunny Time!

Sunday the Easter Bunny came and left lots of eggs dotting our house!



Becca was so excited and kept announcing the colors of the eggs! It was awfully cute. She is talking so much more now.

Yellow!

Candy! Jelly Beans!

Cheese! I just love her cheesy face!

Reach for that egg!

Her basket and her new baby with her Easter Dress!

A coloring book with stickers!

Then I made crepes with strawberries and real whipped chream. SOOOO good!

Easter Dinner

Sunday after conference we headed down to Provo to have dinner at Sean and Michelle's. It was SO yummy.

The girls had so much fun together! Here they are watching Princess and the frog and drinking their milk.

Casey and Quincy.

Sean...with kindof a crazy face there. His birthday was Monday and mine is today (Tuesday the 6th so we were celebrating that too)

Me and my honey!

Michelle! She put lots of work into making dinner and a cake for us. Thanks Michelle!

Tevan and Lynnae! It was good to finally meet her. She is a blast! Oh and seeing Tevan was fun too, I guess. ;)

Uncle Casey and Brookie!

Mommy and Becca.

Blowing out the candles...that kept sparking back to life I might add!

Becca sure liked the chocolate cake!

It was a VERY busy weekend but lots of fun! More to come later as you know I have something to do EVERY day this week!

3 comments:

Sami said...

Wow you had a crazy fun weekend! I have to admit everytime I see Tevan on your blog I get jelous that he is so close you guys and gets to play and we don't!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Adam and Rachel said...

Sounds so fun! You had a very eventful weekend! Becca is so dang cute! :)

Sara B. Larson said...

Looks like a ton of fun! I am so behind on blogging, and it's only been like a week and a half. Maybe almost two. It's a busy time of year! Hope you had an awesome birthday today! :-)