Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Okay So You Went to CA, What Else Have You Been Doing?

What a fabulous question! Thanks for asking!

We've actually been pretty busy enjoying the end of summer up here.

This is just cute. Had to post my little Audrey Hepburn/Jackie O.

Lion King
On Friday October 17th Tyson and I went to go see Lion King in Salt Lake! It was a MUCH needed date and so much fun!

Beforehand we went to Benihana for dinner. YUMMY!


Mmmm ginger dressing!

Cool onion volcano! It was pretty sweet.

Mmm Beef, onion, mushrooms!

Horrible shot of me...but the only one we got with the sign for the show in the background. I couldn't remember which seats we got but we were in the first section up in the balcony, it was a really good seat. I have sean the show before (in LA) and LOVE it. The pupeteering and staging and music is all amazing. Tyson really enjoyed it too, this was his first time seeing it!

In the theater, waiting for it to start! It was kinda funny...after we took this one of the usher guys came and said no photography in the theater (Of course I wasn't going to take any shots during the show) but whatever, we got our pic. Well literally 30 seconds later another usher offered to take a picture for a large group across the aisle from us. I was laughing at the difference.

Twin's Birthday Party
We had an awesome time at my friend's girl's birthday. Becca calls them "My Twins" and their Grandma she calls just "Grandma". She seriously loves them! Dialma always throws an awesome party. This year it was How To Train Your Dragon themed and it was SO cute!

The awesome cake and cupcakes! The cupcakes are Viking hats, and the cake is the rocky mountains where the dragons live, if you look closely you can see Toothless on there!

Becca in her Viking gear! I am sure Great Grandma Ricilli (who is 100% Danish of Viking descent) was looking down and smiling at her great grand-daughter!

We had a treasure hunt, here is Becca and dad checking out the map!

And running to one of the pots to gather dragon eggs!

Then we had dragon training and blocked fireballs with our shields! See the ball she's blocking! Go Viking Becca!

Then we practiced throwing nets over the dragons.

And slew the dragon to get the candy reward!

Happy 5th birthday girls! We love you!

Becca loved the cupcakes that matched her hat!

Me and the girls, Erin and Dialma (Sara had left, I got a pic with Sara and Erin earlier, but that's on Sara's camera!) I love my friends!

Random
We love having In-n-Out so close to us. This last time they gave Becca a hat! She was too cute!


So Becca wanted some carrot for lunch one Sunday, so we decided to pick one....it was so FAT! Our garden isn't deep...we just did a 6 inch deep square foot garden...I think I want to deepen it (double it) next year, but I think it's funny that the carrot got wider since it couldn't go deeper, and started two offshoots!

It's practically the size of Becca's head!

Then we also had the horrible Herriman Fire just south of us. So glad it wasn't more of a tragedy than it was! It was pretty scary, and looked like Mordor out there!

We also bought a swiffer and since they re-designed them had to seriously mess with it to make it short. But Becca LOVES her "Sweeper". She loves to help and it is great to have help!

Hanging with Friends
Our friends Linds and Jake are getting closer and closer to moving back to TX! So we have been trying to fit in lots of time with them so Becca can play with Lizzie and Andrew! She LOVES them. And Lizzie and Becca were only 4 days apart, they have been friends since the womb. We will be so sad when they leave!

The other day we were hanging out, and we wanted to go to the park but it started raining! So we went to Arctic Circle to get ice cream and play!
Lizzie and Linds! You can't tell, but they're eating french fries. Lizzie is a salty food girl, not such a fan of ice cream! Crazy kid!

Becca and mommy. Oh man I love her face!

Andrew eating his cone.

Cute girls!

The best shot I got of all 3 of them! It is SO hard to get 3 kids ages 3 and 2 to smile all at once!

They were pretending they were on the "Dinosaur Train" and this is Becca handing me my ticket. I thought that it was a cute shot of these two blue eyed beauties. Man when they go to BYU together they will KILL the boys!

Buds forever! Even if they are apart!

There's more, but I figured this was long enough. ;) I'm getting all caught up!

3 comments:

Sara B. Larson said...

Lots of fun stuff! If you want the picture of you, me and Erin it's on my blog. ;) Becca is such a cutie!

BallerinaBiker said...

I can't believe how big Becca is!!! She's darling!

Lindsey said...

Yeah,the kids will miss being together. I don't think mine realize yet how they won't be able to see becca anymore. I don't want to tell them either. :(