Friday, October 29, 2010

Pre-Halloweeny Fun!

We have been doing SO many things this Oct! I am loving it! Here is a (long post, but just a...) taste of what we have been up to!

Crafts!

Again not everything is pictured, we made our Halloween costumes (with the help of my brother Ryan and his fabulous wife Natalie for Tyson's) and made a pumpkin "stepping stone" with Becca. But this one below was super fun and easy, and we plan on enjoying it for years to come.

Poking out the windows.

Decorating the "spooky tree house"

Cuteness galore!


Halloween Treats!
I love stretching out the holidays as much as possible! So throughout the month we have been making fun food to celebrate. Not pictured are pumpkin waffles, savory pumpkin soup and Mummy Dogs.

Rolling the dough

Cutting the shapes!

Decorating the cookies that tasted great but spread too much. Don't know what I did wrong...

I'm Jack the pumpkin king!

Our cookies!

Spooky Smores!

Bugs in a spider web pesto pasta!

Spider chicken nuggets!

I'll bite your legs off!

AHHH!

Witch's Tea!
Last year my neighbor and amazing friend Randi had a witch's tea and I was SOOOO excited when she said she was doing it again this year! We always wish we could include everyone, but I think Randi did a great job inviting her closest friends and packing us into her home (our houses in this neck of the wood are "cozy"). It was such a fun night! Enjoy the pics!
Me in all my witchy-ness.

Becca was fascinated with witch mommy!

The awesomely adorable desserts! RIP coffin pudding cups, spooky chex mix, eyeballs and blood punch!

My setting.

Our BEAUTIFUL hostess!

Steeping my orange spice herbal tea. Mmmm. I had a few flavors, my fave was the winter sugar cookie or whatever that is....it was SO good!

Pinkies up!

My red lipstick made the perfect mark!

While we were sipping our tea Randi read us an awesome exerpt from the Last Apprentice.

She is so cute!

One Table: Dialma, Jena, Susie, Sheena, Amy, Mandy, Angela and Emily.

The other table, Shannon, Nicki, Laci, Rosie, Sandi, me, Shami and Randi!

Me and the beautiful Witchy Randi! Love the warts on the face!

Not the best pic, but this is when we were singing Happy Birthday to Susie!

Like my third eye?

Dialma and me! I am so glad she made it after just getting home from a big CA trip not long ago! I know how much she has to get done!

Jena's costume was AWESOME! Marge Simpson dressed as a witch! I love it! She is SO creative!

There are LOTS more celebrations still to come! I love my friends SO SO much! Happy Halloween everyone!

3 comments:

Ratliffs said...

SO fun! You look great Stace!

Lynnae Jackson said...

Oh Stacey, those pictures are awesome! You looked fantastic, and it brought back memories of my mom doing the exact same thing to her hair when I was little. She had this fantastic witch's cackle that sounded just like the wicked witch on Wizard of Oz.

It looks like you've had a ton of fun!

Sara B. Larson said...

So much fun! You made a great witch, LOVE the green hair! If I made that much Halloween-y food, Brad would never let me make normal food again!