Friday, December 3, 2010

What IS that?!!!??!!!

Okay, so have you ever sat there in your house thinking... "What IS that smell? Where the heck is it coming from?"

Tonight I felt like a blood hound, a very old, Rusty from "Lady in the Tramp"-type blood hound sniffing my house for that musty kind of funky smell that has been building. Walking from room to room turning and sniffing trying to lead me to the source. I ended up in the kitchen...and still couldn't find anything.

Did Becca leave a cup with milk in it somwhere? Are the potatoes in the cupboard going south? Is there a diaper missing? Serioulsy people, annoying.

I think the medications I am on right now are making me a little crazy. I get energized at night, don't sleep well then am a complete zombie and want to sleep in till insane hours (today I was in bed until almost 10). So I decided the best course of action at 12:20 at night when Tyson and I were settling down to bed, was to go downstairs and clean out the entire fridge. I threw out EVERYTHING that could be a source of any oldness or smell. Literally everything. Even food that I sniffed and they smelled just fine.

I found some veggies and fruit that were going south, but other than that I don't know if I got it. If I conquored the lingering "humph".

Has this ever happened to you? Or am I just insane? Have you ever felt like a blood hound who has lost their sense of smell in your own home?

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

It is the most annoying thing in the world to not be able to get rid of something that is bugging the heck out of you. Trust me I know. If you don't seem to have gotten it you could always dump some cleaner down the disposal. You'd be surprised how often that is the source of the stench. Or try around the fridge or under the fridge. Last option, pantry?

Lynnae Jackson said...

I've felt like that. Sometimes there's just this slightly off smell. For us, it's often dirty rags, old sponges, or, yes, the disposal. I figure you're far more on top of most of the other things in your kitchen than an apartment full of girls who don't keep track of each other's stuff. :)

Sara B. Larson said...

I have had that happen before. Sometimes it's my drain... they just smell sometimes. I've poured haalf a bottle of lysol down them before and still couldn't get it to go way. Hope you found it!

Stacey said...

Sigh, I sniffed the sink last night, nothing. I don't think it's that. I smelled some whif's this morning, but it could have just been the trash in the garage or the dishes in the sink from the rampage...

We shall see, next step is cleaning all surfaces in case it is a milk spill that wasn't wiped up properly. Sigh.

Sami said...

Oh man this happens very frequently in our little apartment. Especially in the winter! There are no ventilation system whatsoever in our apartment and in the winter when we don't open windows...smells tend to pop up all over the place! I am always sniffing around trying to find the culprit! hahaha I laughed picturing you sniff around while reading your post! =)

Rob & Tiffanie said...

I hate the sippy cup that get lost and when discovered you are afraid to open and smell the chunky milk:)