Each day I get quotes from general conference talks in my facebook inbox. I admit, I don't often read long ones...but today I really liked this message. Something to think about as we are trying to be good parents and better people.
From Elder ElRay L.Christiansen, Assistant to the Council of the Twelve:
Even in our families, situations may arise that could cause irritations. It is then that parents must be calm and exemplary. The man with an uncontrolled temper is like an undisciplined child—he expresses his emotions explosively or by sulking, and disregards the feelings of those about him. In the home, anger should be controlled and love should abound. When, in his most impressionable years, a child experiences ugly situations that result from uncontrolled tempers, when he hears unkind words exchanged between his father and mother, and when he sees contention crowd out an atmosphere of kindness and mutual respect—when these conditions make a child’s environment, what chance has he to become refined and noble? The minds of children are like the sensitive plates of a photographer; they record every incident, good and bad. Our children may forget what is said, but they never forget that which they are made to feel.
(Elder ElRay L. Christiansen, Conference Report, April 1971)
No, I get it
7 years ago




2 comments:
So true!
ok could you send this to me everyday as a reminder? ;) thanks for sharing
Post a Comment