So, ya, if you look at the timestamp (which I think may be off) you may notice that it is uncharictaristically VERY early in the morning (like 4:00 a.m.). For some reason all of a sudden I could not get comfortable in my bed and my leg kindof had a restless feel. Since I have no idea what real RLS feels like, it is the only thing I can describe it as. I haven't had that feelings since towards the end of my pregnancy. So it woke me up. I am hoping that by distracting myself for a while on the computer I will get tired enough again that I can go back to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be rough if it doesn't happen soon.
Last night I was thinking a lot about relationships. Particuarly marriage relationships. It is interesting me to see who people end up with. I don't see it as anyone got stuck with anyone else, but rather that we made a choice of who to be with. We may have felt at the time like there was no choice, we loved the person and that was that. But was it really that simple? Don't we choose to give our hearts to certain people, and to others we think better of it?
People who know me well know that Tyson was my first and only real boyfriend. But that doesn't mean I didn't have other options at various points in my life. What was it about Tyson that made it so easy for me to allow myself to be that vulnerable and open up my heart to him completely and no one else?
Part of it was timing. He was there at the right time in the right place. He had goals that were in line with what I wanted out of life. And of course isn't it always about timing? Most of the other guys that were "almost" boyfriends it was always the timing. I was too young, or he was just moving away, or something like that. So Tyson had that down....but it was much much more than that.
I turned to Tyson today and said "You know honey, of all the guys I could have ended up with, I am so glad it was you." And I mean it. Tyson and I are not what I would call two peas in a pod, but rather two very different flavors that were meant to mingle. Like on Ratatouille, some foods are just better when they are mixed. Tyson plain and simple makes me happy. He makes me complete. I know that is clique to say, but it is true. I have a hard time loving myself a lot of the time, and he is always there to remind me that he loves me. He has taken care of me through my worst moments, and he is the most unselfish person on the planet. He is the world's greatest dad. Really, I am not just biased. How many husbands are the ones to wake up with the baby in the morning, because they know thier wife is not a morning person? And not just every so often, like EVERY day. Wow. I am often amazed at how wonderful he is and wonder why he picked me!
Anywho, that is what I have been thinking a lot about lately, so I thought I'd share. I guess I'd better go try and get some sleep.
No, I get it
7 years ago




14 comments:
'He is the world's greatest dad. Really, I am not just biased. How many husbands are the ones to wake up with the baby in the morning, because they know thier wife is not a morning person? And not just every so often, like EVERY day.'
I quote you with a chuckle, because I know all 6 of my brothers are like that not just the one that belongs to you. And though they are in the minority there isn't just one, but it is definietly something to thank my Dad for. Oh, and Scott's not so bad either! ;) Taron and Tevan don't have their own yet, but I know they will be the same way because of how they deal woth my kids. Taron will get up in the middle of the night and clean up whatever mess Sirus has gotten into, and he may not even tell me about it. Yep, I'm surrounded by greatness!
Ha ha. Well I still know I got the best one. ;)
Stacey, I share that struggle you described of not always loving yourself. You are completely lovable, and I am so glad you have a husband who knows that and expresses it to you so steadily. I understand that blessing, because I've got a guy like that too, and I think heaven every day for it. Sometimes I don't get it, but I'm glad I've got it! : )
You may be starting a fight here Stac! Although, since Trevor and Tyson shared a room and did so much stuff together when they were younger, maybe they kind of rubbed off together. Lately Trevor has been SO great to me, and like you, I am amazed that he picked me and that hes mine. What did we do to deserve just GREAT guys?! :)
I don't know what we did, but I sure am glad to have a great guy. And I am glad that there are others out there, cause I would feel bad that I took the only one! But bring on the arguing over who is the better hubby. I know mine is! ;)
ummm, I'm just not sure you want to go there. How about we got the best guy for who we are as individuals. That way there is no fighting :)
Ha ha. Okay, I concede that we all got the guy for us. ;) It's a great thing though isn't it? Knowing that you got the one man in the world that is more than anything you thought you ever deserved? I love that Tyson loves me, no matter how many faults I have.
I was thinking about my marriage today. It will be 7 years in January and I was looking back through the years and amazed at how far we have come. He was my first date at 19 and I married him 6 months later. At the time I was terrified of men and marriage and of myself, so to everyone around me I probably seemed to be making a huge mistake. But I knew, without a doubt that this is the man I should marry. I believe that I still could have had a happy marriage with someone else. But I believe my marriage with Rob would be something amazing. The first year we struggled beyond my worst fears, but we made it through and grew from it. With each year we only become better friends and fall more in love. I think it's because the reasons we married was based more on attraction and convenience. And I always tell him "God told me too!" That may not be a logical reason for some, but I truly believed God knew me better than I did myself. I would have run away from love my whole life if I did not take that leap. Now that we have been through our trials together, realized our common goals and spent more time getting to know each other I see the potential that He saw.
Ok girls, I am glad we are not fighting cause I was going to have to say that I got the honor of the best but I think Aimee is right, we got the best one for us. And Torri is also right in the Ratliff boys are one of a kind.(All 6 of them :)) Trent is amazingly unselfish. I am eternily grateful for him and have NO CLUE why I deserve him. He also gets up every morning with all four kids becasue I am not a morning person. And when I have to get up he tells me how sorry he is that I couldn't sleep longer. This is just one of the small selfless things he is always doing for me. We are some lucky ladies. :D
Brina, I have often wondered what makes the Ratliff men so fabulous. I really have always been impressed with all of them. And I think Torri hit it on the nose. It was dad. His example was one of the best kind of man. I will forever thank and love him for that, even if I didn't get to know him very well in this life.
Tiffanie, you are amazing. I think as women, most of us forget our worth most of the time. I am so glad you have found a way to remember your worth. I'm still working on that every day. Tyson was also my first real boyfriend. We met when I was 18 and brand new in college. He was a cute, quiet RM that stole my heart. We got married about 2 years later. God really does know us better than we know ourselves and sends us exactly the right person for us. I could not have survived everything I have gone through in the last 5 years without him.
Definitely could agree this one out for awhile...:)Its a good thing we love eachother enough to not though!
I think that, despite the fact that they are a perfect match to our individual needs, they are also very similar. And yes, I think that that also boils down to Bill and his example. I think I've know him the least amount of time out of anyone so far, but there was a lot there to admire, even close to the time of his departure. Not necessarily as a Dad but as a man. So how about, in memory of Bill, we do something this week to show our wonderful men just how much they mean to us?! It can be something big, or something small. Just a way to let them know that we love them and appreciate all the goofy plans they go along with, or all of our, um.. tantrums we throw (I can't be the only one who looses it every once in awhile ;) ). What do you say?!!
Totally meant to say argue not agree!!!!
LOL You must be the only one Aimee. Trent never has to put up with my temper. *shifty eyes* Um.. yeah.. anyway, I think that it is a lovely idea to do something specail for our wonderful husbands.
Post a Comment