Saturday, September 20, 2008

Are You Ready for Some Pictures?

You know me and my pictures. I can never just do a few, and by the time I get around to putting them on here there are a TON! I thought about doing two separate posts, but decided to just combine them into one with sub-headers.

REBECCA, 5 MONTHS OLD
First I am starting with updates and photos of Rebecca, cause come on, she is the most important thing on here! So, here we go!

These two are pictures of Becca in that hat and dress my mom made. She was just being so cute and giggly, I had to put them on.


It doesn't get any better than that smile!


This is Becca with her daddy. I LOVE seeing them together. He is so good with her, and she loves him so much!


This is Rebecca in her bouncer/play gym thing. She loves it!

Here come the attempt at eating food pictures. We didnt get a good shot of the "ick" face she made, but these are cute. These are from Sept 4th. We have tried it one time since then, but she is just not ready to open her mouth for the spoon. We'll keep trying though!


Clamping down on the spoon!

Look at that cute, messy baby!

And this last one is Becca with some friends -- Lizzy and Andrew.


BOOK CLUB - A NIGHT IN REGENCY ENGLAND
Book club was incredible this month! (Thanks Jena!) We read Austenland by Shannon Hale. It is a book about a 30-something woman who goes on this trip to England and lives the Jane Austen experience. So...we decided to make one of our own for book club! We dressed up, did our hair, ate on plates that were actually Regency England era patterns and had music and conversation in the "parlor" after our four course meal! Wow!

By the way, I want you to all know we aren't insane, we just like being silly. The Twilight and Austen stuff is not the norm for us! We ususally just get together and talk about the books we read. That said, it was a really fun night. Here are some photos.

Group Shots

Don't I have the most beautiful friends on the planet? This is Erin and Angela


This is Angela S., Yufen, Courtney, and Kristi. Notice Angela's caravat! She looked amazing!


Jena (the mastermind behind this madness, for once it wasn't my idea to be crazy!) and Me.


Dialma, Sara, Erin and Angela.

Dinner (Or should I say Supper?)

There were two other tables decorated just as amazingly, but I didn't get good shots of those. In this shot is Yufen, Trenda, Me, Kristi, Angela S, and Courtney.

Convening in the Parlor


Angela and I (or should I say, Ms. Waterson, and I, Ms. Osgood) Went a little above and beyond and planned a music piece. It was fun and I was VERY nervous. Singing solos scares me to death. I would have never survived the Regency Period where you were expected to showcase your musical talents!


Here is us, the whole group portrait. Aren't we pretty?

And lastly, the hair! Here are some shots of my Recency Do! Angela was amazing and looked up how to do Regency styles online and did this for me. I loved the addition of the pearls!



Now, you may be saying to yourself...I want to be fun and silly with them! Or I love to read and want to be part of book club! Well you can! We are totally open for more people to join us anytime. Next month we are reading Riddle Master Trillogy (all three books is only 500 pages or so) so grab a copy from the library and join us! In Nov. we're going to the Twilight Movie...so you know there will be more fun stuff with that!

I hope you enjoyed my MASS post! Ta ta for now!

11 comments:

Sara said...

Fun pictures! Can you email me the one of the big group? I didn't get that one on my camera. And any others you think I'd enjoy having in my photo album. :-) I love all the pics.

Michael and Lindsey said...

Cute! It looks like you have a great group of friends up there. You look adorable! Do I recognize that dress?

Stacey said...

Yep Linds! You sure do! It was PERFECT! I'm so glad I still had it!

Geo said...

This looks like the good life, for sure!

Brina said...

Wow you gals sure do have fun for your book groups. That is really neat. and you all look really pretty. :)

Trenda said...

What a cute baby and cute friends! ;)

Monkeys' Mom said...

You DO have beautiful friends! he, he! You were gorgeous! I'm still envious of you, Jena and Erin having hair long enough to do in the Regency style! I'm loving all these theme parties . . . what should we do next??

Ratliffs said...

What a cutie! Can't wait to met her in person! :) You girls sure have fun!

CKB said...

Oh my gosh, Becca is so cute. What a sweetheart! Your book club looks like fun!

Jena said...

This was such a fun night!
Very cute update post!

Thanks again for all of your help!

Stacey said...

It was a super fun night! I can't wait until Becca knows books are great for something other than chewing on! ;)