Peaseblossom, Moth, Cobweb, and Mustardseed heard that I was making a cake last night and decided to "grace" me with their destructive presence. It was fun at first, seeing their excitement and their yips of joy. My cat thought they were bugs and tried to swipe at some of them, which didn't make them very happy, the boys sure can have a mouth of them if they want to! Well once the cake was in the oven, it went downhill from there! Moth and Cobweb were impatient and kept opening the oven and moving the cake around, so it came out uneven.
Then Mustardseed was interested in my large bag of powdered sugar when I was making frosting and dumped some in while the mixer was running, Peaseblossom thought it looked like snow.
After the cake cooled and I got my frosting all nice and smooth, however, they took over! Cobweb marched right across the cake as Moth and Mustardseed drew a spitting face and a "Ha!" on it. Peaseblossom tried to sprinkle fairy dust on it to make it sparkle, but it got all over the counter and my clean floor.
They all proceeded to lick frosting off of Cobweb's feet and then it really got nuts. At the first taste of sugar Peaseblossom lost all inhibitions and dove straight into the middle of the cake.
Taking her lead, the boys dug in and they left a terrible mess.
When I scolded them, they threw some cake in my face! At least they saved half the cake for my family...but I think it took all of their will power. It was fun having them here, I think. But I am glad that the next time I make a cake they won't be around!




6 comments:
Too fun!! See, I never could've done that last night! I was so tired that I fell asleep at 8!! (Sadly enough, I'm not even sure I know enough about that play to even make something up!) But you did good!!
What I want to know is, who got to really destroy the cake: you, Tyson or Becca?!
It was the fairies Aimee! I told you they came to my house! ;)
The contest goes until the 11th, so you still have time!
Oh yeah, and the only reason why I know the characters is because I read an ARC of eyes like stars already! I LOVED it! I am excited for a chance to win one, because if I don't win it I definitely plan on buying it!
:) Alright...I'll take that for now...I know a little about their characters from a book I read, The Ballet Shoes, but that's about it!
Fun! I still want some cake! ;-) Lol!
Awesome! Good job :)
Post a Comment