This is the beautiful Janette Rallison leading our class the Romance Writers of BYU 2009! She is the author of many YA comedy romances such as MY FAIR GODMOTHER, and JUST ONE WISH.
On Wednesday, we had a short day, so it's tradition to take your author out to eat. So we went to the Brick Oven. A Provo original with GREAT house made root beer! Right to left: Erin, Me, Janette, Heather, Melony.
Right to left: Sara, Ally, Erin, Janette, Melony.
Right to left: Julie (black and white turned away) Cheri, Carolyn (doesn't she just glow!).
Jena and Me! Jena joined us for lunch that day and we had so much fun!
Right to left: Pam, Julie, and Julie! ;)
Ellise and Sara, Ellise joined us too for lunch before she had to go to work.
My attempt at a class shot. This was try number two so Janette and Erin were ready for this shot.
I look like a goof in this picture, but this is Ann Dee Ellis. The amazing author of THIS IS WHAT I DID and EVERYTHING IS FINE. Her agent Edward (I am in no way going to try to spell his last name off the top of my head) was there and he is INCREDIBLE. He made a very good impression on all of us. It helps that he also reps some of my favorite authors and books as well! That's part of him in the background....the suit.
Me and Sara at the banquet Thursday night. Afterwards we had a lesson from Tracy Hickman that was so incredible! It was a fabulous night!
This is a shot of Ering before Tracy Hickman's speech. I thought it was too funny not to post.
In our class we spent a lot of time critiquing eachother's work to help make us all better writers. Here is Janette commenting on someone's manuscript.
Here is the class!
Our "Romance" shot.
Me and Janette, the best teacher ever. ;)

This is our gift to Janette, a doll of her "Fair Godmother". Heather our assistant made the outfit, she did a fabulous job!
Janette gave us all signed copies of her novel FAME, GLORY, AND OTHER THINGS ON MY TO DO LIST. Here she is signing mine. ;) P.S. I do love you just as if not more than Stephanie! I know you better!
Janette with her Godmother doll.
Heather (the assistant and creator of the doll) and Janette!
Me and Sara with Ally Condie. Seriously people, look for a title with her name on it. She was fabulous. She has already published some LDS fiction with Shadow Mountain and is writing an incredible YA book for the national market! Go Ally!
And last but certainly not least, me and the fabulous Erin!
P.S. For all you gals who were there I thought I would post some of the highlights from our class!
We are not as good of friends as you think we are!
Grim!
Ben Barnes/Prince Caspian!
Armpit Butter!
The Apple shot!
Janette's clothes!
Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog!
Love you all! I will miss you!




7 comments:
So fun! What a great week - I can't believe it's over. can you send me that pic of me and Elisse? (Notice the spelling there) ;-) Hopefully I will get my pics downloaded soon.
Sorry! I always mispell it don't I! I always remember there is one double letter, but I always pick wrong! Sorry Elisse!
If you click on the pick S it is the full sized version and you can copy it from the blog.
Ha ha ha...I love the pictures. that was a rockin' awesome shot of you and me...you are a freaking babe. ok. so we should all go out...or just come over to my house since I don't like to go out. or we could go to the OG...which in cool terms means the olive garden. luv erin
I'm so glad you were able to go and have such a great time! Can't wait to read the book!! (again :) )
Loved your post! It was such a fun week! And now I'm back to real life and all the blankity-blank revisions my editor just sent me.
Keep on writing--and I'm glad you love me as much as Stephenie even if my characters don't sparkle. (At least not yet, there is always next draft. . .)
Janette I know you will do brilliantly with your edits! I have the fun task of working on mine since I took the course for credit.
Thank you so so much for such and incredible week! I don't think our class could have been what it was without you!
Looks like it was a great event. I wish more things like that happened in my community. I'd love to meet fellow writers and artists.
Post a Comment