Thursday, October 22, 2009

Rebecca's 18 Month Check-up!

So since we were gone for her original appointment on the 10th (the day after she turned 18 months) we went to the doctor's today for Rebecca's 18 month check up. She is doing SO well. Here are here numbers:

Weight 26 lbs. 10 oz. 75th percentile
Height 34" about 98th percentile
Head 18 1/4 inces 50th percentile

So pretty standard for her. Dr Lei even said because she is so tall she looks closer to 2. And she really does with her proportions. She's wearing 24 month size and some 2T stuff (some are still too big).

This is a picture of Becca from today when we tried on her Dirndl we got her in Germany! It's still a little big, but we figured that was better than small!

She was so brave today. She does so well with shots. I am a lucky mom. I don't get emotional really when she gets them, but it helps a lot that she only cries for literally like 30 seconds when the shots are done. Literally. She is a strong willed girl.

A full length shot so you can see the cute contrast between the bodice, skirt and apron!

Her language skills are accelerating to above normal now! She has tons of words, tries and learns new words every day, and is combining words like "Hi Dad" on occasion.

Her molars are all poking through but not all the way through yet. She still has not gotten her bottom incisors yet. Hopefully by the time she's two!

Big smiles.

She is such a funny duck. She loves to dance and sing, conduct music, read books, play with balls, is obsessed with trains (especially her "toot toot" movie -- which is Polar Express), and is just such a happy kid. She had a lot of fun with "Gamma" while we were gone, and was asking for Gamma this morning when she woke up.

We just love her so much! She has such a wonderful loving spirit and I love being a mom! I am so blessed to have her! I know my time with her being little is going so so fast and I am reminded every day at how wonderful it is that I can be home with my baby girl!

2 comments:

Ratliffs said...

I think she's pretty much caught up with Andrew now!!! I have no idea how tall he is though, so it'll be fun to see them together in a few months!

She looks so cute!

Adam and Rachel said...

Sounds great! I love the dress! So cute!