Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Part 2!

As promised, I broke up my post cause it was already getting pretty huge! We had SUCH a full weekend! But it was so much fun!

Carving Pumpkins!


Becca was really excited to help out this year!

And she loved "scooping" out the guts, usually one seed at a time.

Then we let her draw a face on it with lots of eyes.

And then we cut out what she drew! It was super cute!

I got my pumpkin cleaned out...but that's it! This is the first year in like 8 years that I haven't carved my pumpkin! We just didn't have time. We will have to do it tonight for FHE or something just to say we did it!

Same with Tyson, got his cleaned but not carved. Sigh.

Dialma got hers done! I was glad to help out. This was her first year doing it by herself without Jake (who was at work).

The twins with their pumpkins! I love that Juliette is making the Jack face!

Andrew and Shauna got theirs carved! Yay!

Meanwhile, I was busy getting dinner ready. This is the layout! Worm Sandwiches, Pumpkin cheeseball and crackers (made by Shauna, so cute!), Pasta Salad, eyeball salad (watermellon and cantaloupe balls), Pumpkin Candy Corn Cheesecake (total hit! And kindof a modified/made up recipe by me!), Pumpkin bread and ghoulish punch with a mean twist...

Yeah, i dropped my hand ice block when I was taking itout of the glove...and only one finger survived....thankfully it melted off soon so our party was PG again.

Worm Sandwiches! Total hit! This just might become a tradition!

Candy corn pumpkin cheesecake! It was SO good! I am genius. As I modified a cheesecake recipe and created this all by myself. ;)

Mmmm worms!

Yummy, yummy!

Mocha guarded our "treats" I gave out little toys abd prizes and spider rings this year. I figured I didn't want the candy in my house, so I would help out the other parents too!

Becca and Andrew. Boo and Bomb. ;)

Bomb Voyage (from the Incredibles) and Katniss! Loved the costumes! This is the FIRST year we have ever seen Andrew dress up!

Katniss is attacking the monster!

Our family! Our little Boo, Sully and MIke!

All of us! It was such a fun night! Shauna and Andrew passed out prizes while we took Becca out in the COLD and went around our little block. (I didn't get any pics of her trick or treating, but I got video)

Time for dessert! This is me making my ghoulish brew!

Mmm Ghoulish Brew with Ghostmallows. We had this with our cheesecake, which was a BIG hit!

Andrew and Shauna with thier pumpkins! they did such a good job! Our poor pumpkins all hallow and not carved next to them too.

Becca's awesoem face!

In our Skeleton Jammies now with her pumpkin!

And...her stash! it doesn't look like as much at the moment, but she got TONS! Its gonna take us a long time to go through all of this! If anyone wants to come visit and take some they are more than welcome!

Then we got Becca down to bed, and had our annual movie! We usually watch some old ridiculous "horror" or "thriller" movie (that we usually laugh at). But the one we found this year was 3 hours long, and we didn't have the time or energy to watch that, so...

Do you know from this pic what movie we watched?

Sunday Halloween Dinner!
Even though it was Sunday, and we got ZERO trick or treaters at our house I still wanted to celebrate the official holiday with a spooky dinner! It turned out really cute (and yummy I might add)!

Ghostly Stew!!

Becca thought it was awfully cute!

And Witch's Broom(bread)stick! So yummy! I will be using this one again. It would be a good dough for calzones. Mmmm.

We had such an amazing Halloween! Now time to get my mind around Thanksgiving and Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Ratliffs said...

Awesome! Halloween food is my favorite! Becca did a great job with her pumpkin! This year T.J. did everything himself!