Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Goals 2011

Like I did last year, I want to publicly list my new year's goals. I think without writing it down, it loses potency and power. Plus I wanted to post how I did on last year's goals:

2010 Goals:
1) Didn't finish my novel, but got REALLY close, and spent the year doing lots with my blog My Pile of Books, making great author, writer, and reader friends! I love books!

2) Didn't lose the weight by my anniversary, but lost it in the course of the year and found out and am getting medical help for why I wasn't getting pregnant. Overall an improvement!

3) Didn't do as well on my Temple attendance goal, but I went 3 times, which was honestly three times more than last year...here's to doing better next year!

4) I think I did pretty good with this one. We were VERY busy with family fun, but that is how it should be!

Okay! On to the NEW YEAR!!!!!
They might sound familiar from last year, but hey, as you can see...I still need to work on those!

1) Lose 10% more body weight and/or get pregnant. Pregnancy is #1 on that list for me, but as I am trying for that, it is my #1 goal...BUT part of this goal is working out at least 3 times a week for 20 minutes MINIMUM (starting Monday if my darn cough/cold is gone!).

2) Temple attendance. Again I am setting the goal for 6 times since I sadly didn't make that goal last year!

3) In line with Temple attendance...I want to improve on the quality of my prayer, so I can be more in tune with the spirit and with what the Lord wants for me. I LOVE this quote:

"A key to improved prayer is to learn to ask the right questions. Consider changing from asking for the things you want to honestly seeking what He wants for you. Then as you learn His will, pray that you will be led to have the strength to fulfill it."

(Elder Richard G. Scott, Conference Report, April 2007)

I am going to print it and put it on my bedroom wall to remind me to pray for what His will for me is!

4) This time I really mean it when I say that I am going to finish that novel, and even start a new one! To do this I am going to work on it at least 3 nights a week! I know that doesn't sound like full commitment to those who write EVERY day (ie. most professional and those who desire to be professional authors), but that's a lot for me, but it will be a start to a habit that will be fun and fulfilling!

5) ORGANIZE!!!!!! My home is way too cluttered. I need to get it organized!

6) No more "X needs to get done."'s But more GETTING it done!

So that's it for me this year. All the most important things to me that I want to work on! How about you? What do you want to accomplish this year?

9 comments:

Liz Waits said...

Do you mind sharing why you aren't getting pregnant? It took years for me to have Connor. Clomid does nothing except make me crazy. I have pcos and I feel my weight is a big cause of why I have a hard time and I never ovulate. You look fantastic in the pics you just posted during the holiday. How long have you been trying for number 2?

Stacey said...

Hey Liz! I don't mind...I also was diagnosed with PCOS, it just made senese with my history that that is what was going on. I am on my first round of Clomid. So far I don't think it makes me crazier than regular PMSing, but it didn't help me ovulate this first month I was on it either.

Weight IS a big issue with it, and that is one of the reasons it is one of my goals. It was a goal of mine before I knew I had PCOS last year too.

My doctor has put me on metformin as well to regulate my high insulin.

Since I was able to get pregnant with Becca without any help (but after some big weight loss) we feel confident that we will get things working again.

We have wanted #2 for a year now, but a year ago I was not even having periods...so that is when the weight loss became a priority. When that didn't result in ovulation, even though I was having periods, that's when I went to a doctor to find out what was going on.

I will certianly keep you all updated if/when things happen!

What ended up working for you if Clomid did not?

P.S. Thanks! As mentioned it is a goal to lose even more, but I have kept off what I lost this year and that is BIG for me to not gain weight back after losing!

Ratliffs said...

A personnel goal for me is to spend more quality time together as a family. There are many others, but I really want to have the time for my kids (not make the time) by doing less stuff that ultimately does not matter. Kind of ties into our current situation, but thats kind of how it goes!! Good luck continuing to make your goals a reality!

Sami said...

I think you did great on your last years goals! How many people can say that they have improved from the year before because of their New Years goals? Hardly anyone! Most people forget theirs pretty soon after they make them. I'm not even sure if I made any big goals last year. You have inspired me, I am going to take the time to sit and and really think of what I would like to see change in my life over the next year. =)

Liz Waits said...

Thanks for sharing. It is so nice knowing others that are going through the stresses of making babies, although I'm sorry we have to go through it.

I did clomid six times ranging from doses 50, 100, and 150. I only had one of those cycles monitored with blood work and ultrasound to confirm that nothing is happening.

After all that I a lost 25 pounds they checked my tubes with a dye test to see if they were clogged. I have read a lot of people become pregnant after this test because it flushes thing out and gives a fresh start. I didn't think anything of it since I had other problems and I began the process of fertility shots. While I was waiting for my next period to start the cycle I was pregnant with Connor. Who knows what it will take for baby number 2. We want 4... But don't know if it will work out that way. It is such a hard sad and painful process to go through.... We will see. As it stands now I have no period and 35 pounds to lose.

Sara said...

Good job on what you accomplished, and good luck with the new year! ;)

Stacey said...

Wow Liz! That is a lot to go through. I am sorry!

Have you gone to an endocrinologist for the PCOS? Did they test your insulin level?

I have talked to a few other women in my ward who have PCOS and they said that they could not get pregnant on just Clomid because their insulin levels were high and that still stopped them from ovulating. So they had to be on metformin AND clomid.

I have not seen an endocrinologist, but my doctor has done all the blood work and has me on metformin and clomid, so I am hoping to get some good results soon!

Thanks everyone! Good luck with your goals!

Liz Waits said...

hey girl. yes, i have seen an endocrinologist. he rules. he got me pregnant with connor and did the tube test, and monitored me on my one cycle of clomid with him. by ob was worthless. my insulin leves are fine, therefore i dont need metformin.

although i have very strong negative opinions about the struggles for good people to have babies, I am SO happy to have Connor, and feel so blessed.

Stacey said...

It can be very frustrating. It is very interesting that even with the "same" diagnosis and reason for pregnancy being hard, each of us are SO different!

I am certainly glad it worked out for you! Connor is absolutely adorable!