1) We've been to the doctor 2 times this week. It turned out that Gwen didn't get what Becca had, Gwen got RSV. Which really freaked me out. RSV can be bad in babies her age. They can have a really hard time breathing and end up in the hospital and get pneumonia etc.
But I am SO grateful for the power of the preisthood and the power of prayers. Tyson gave Gwen a beautiful blessing Monday night after we found out she had RSV, and our friends and family have been so great to keep her in prayers. Well it certainly worked because the doctor said Gwen's lungs sounded "amazingly well". And he said she is just doing perfect.
Other than having to still keep her away from others because we don't want to spread it to someone who might not handle it well. We have been really blessed!
2) Becca was THRILLED to go back to school and dance class this week as she is on meds for an ear infection, and not contagious (tested negative for RSV). She is so social and thrives on being with other kids.
3) Becca has been craking me up lately. We don't even bring it up at all most of the time and she is insistent that she is going to marry her friend down the street named Cameron. He was in her nursery class (not in her sunbeams class now) and is in Pre-school with her. Last night she asked Tyson about his wedding ring.
"Dad, what's that ring?"
"This is the ring mommy gave me when we got married."
"Oh. I'm going to get one of those for Cameron and he'll give me a pretty one with a jewel."
It's just part of her every day conversation now. ;)
4) Tyson has been very busy at work. They are trying to get things done for a deadline on Tuesday. Which has been hard on me. Being stuck at home so much with sick kids the last two weeks I had the chance to get out of the house finally this weekend and it felt like a struggle to get him home. Which I understand, it's just frustrating sometimes. I do have to say though, that if this deadline wasn't coming up Tyson would be just fine with it all. He loves having time to spend with the girls and they love him so much. I guess what I'm trying to say is we're all missing daddy and are looking forward to this deadline being gone (although that just means a new one around the corner).
5) Because of all of our illnesses I still haven't gotten Gwen's 3 month pics done, and well lets face it...she's going to be 4 months on Friday and she's already 17 weeks old. I think we might try to take some pics in the next week or two anyway, but I feel so bad sometimes. That is one thing that I worry about because I always felt left out in that department as a kid. We'd watch old family slides and they could go to when my older sister was born then they'd be done. Nothing left. No me. Then the video camera didn't come till a few years after I was born. So I kinda just didn't exist. There's a few pictures, but not many. Gwen I promise we'll get them done soon. Just stop coughing so we can leave the house okay? Thanks!




No comments:
Post a Comment