Friday, August 15, 2008

Book Club (Spoilers for Breaking Dawn)

Last night we had our book club discussion on Breaking Dawn. It was so much fun! I don't think I have ever been hoarse after a book club before! But I certainly was after last night! I think we had the most animated discussion, the best ideas and good debating. By the way, those of you who have differing opinions I say YAY! I hope you didn't feel like when someone disagreed with you that it was an attack on your opinion. I think it was just a fun and great discussion.

We discussed Renesmee and Jacob, Edward's character and the way he reacted to things, Bella as a vampire, our belief that Bella should have some sort of precognition ability based on what SM wrote in the series with her foreshadowing dreams. We discussed our dissapointment that at the end of the series Demitri is still alive, we talked about Billy, Charlie and Sue, the Cullen cars, the romantic scenes and whether or not we thought they were too much and if we would let our daughters read the books, and at what age (that was a big debate, but it was a constructive one), we used quotes from SM's interviews since Breaking Dawn came out, etc.

We also talked about the movie and how excited we are about it. A friend of one of the girls in book club rented a theater for the midnight showing and we are all going together! Yay! Another chance to wear our T-shirts. I feel a little silly having a ticket for a movie 4 months in advance! But I am super excited! I think it will be better than I expected at first. SM has said she LOVES it and really looks forward to her fan's reactions. So that makes me more excited about it!

Anyway, I just had to share how much fun I had last night. I'm exhausted and Becca is not taking her normal morning nap at the moment, but is fussing like she needs to, so I must run. HUGS!

7 comments:

BallerinaBiker said...

Ok, why was I thinking it was next week? Even Trenda asked and I told her book club was next week. Crap! I'm so disappointed I missed! Oh well. Now I feel bad for Trenda too. She was frantically trying to finish the book so she could discuss with everyone.

Stacey said...

I tried calling you last night but no one answered. I called Trenda and talked to her too. She said she was not done yet so probably wouldn't come. She did mention she called you. We sure missed ya!

Ratliffs said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!!! I'm waiting for Trevor to finish it so that I can read it again! We're having our book club next week on The Host. Fun, fun!

Monkeys' Mom said...

Seriously, it was a little out of control at times last night! But so much fun! And yes, I like the differing opinions, too. It's interesting to see the different ways people viewed what they read.

Sara said...

Angela, you thought it was out of control at times? Oh dear! ;-0 Lots of fun... even though I know I am in the minority with my opinions (in our book club at least).

Stacey said...

I don't think it was "out of hand" but it certainly got loud. I think we were all talking loudly so we could get the attention of everyone else. I literally was a little hoarse. I can't imagine how Jenna was! ;) S, we love hearing your opinions! Really! It is good to have variety so you can really think about what you really think and feel. Good stuff! Good book! ;) And who else is excited about the movie being bumped to Nov!? YAY!

Jena said...

You guys better watch out, Next month I will have my voice back, then you will know what out of control is!

Hehe, Just kidding, It was a lot of fun! I enjoyed everyone's comments!

Jena