I just really wanted to post because I am feeling really happy right now. I think of the many times that I allow myself to get in a rut. I feel down on myself because of my physical appearance, or perhaps I feel left out for some reason, or maybe I just don't feel good enough. I think I let those moments take up too much of my life. It is human to feel that way I suppose, and I realize we all feel this way at times (although I think we also all feel that we are the only ones feeling that way when we are feeling it), but I compare those moments to how I feel right this very moment. Maybe the reason why I have those moments is the whole "opposition in all things" idea. Because the way I feel right now could would not be as sweet if I didn't know the opposite feeling.
When we first moved to our new home I was scared beyond belief! I knew no one. And I mean NO ONE that lives even remotely close to the area. At the time none of my siblings still lived in Utah anymore. It was just me and Tyson, and we were moving away from the area we had lived in for nearly 6 years (two of those years were our dating years). I am a very outgoing person...most of the time. The one exception? When I don't know anyone. Needless to say it took me a long time to feel comfortable here.
What made the difference? Honestly, it was book club! I have found the most incredible women and friends through book club. These are women I am comfortable sharing my innermost feelings and thoughts with. They have been there for me and I there for them through many things unrelated to books! Tonight I have had a chance to touch base with a few of them through blogs and phone calls, and really I just feel happy. I wanted to thank all of them for that, for helping me find happiness in our corner of the world. Because without you I truly would still feel lost.
Honestly, I'd love to have responses. Pick one thing that makes you happy that is maybe not the most obvious (like my baby girl makes me happy every day, and that is a WHOLE separate post, but I won't go into it right now). I anxiously await your responses!
No, I get it
7 years ago




5 comments:
What a wonderful post, and what great blessings! I'm so glad you're feeling good and so glad you've found a group of women to love and be loved by and to share with. Very very sweet. I am fall-down tired, but very happy right now because I just finished preparing my talk for tomorrow, and I feel good about it, even though I'm not a public speaker. I just felt the Lord's hand in the process, and I've learned about him and about myself as I've gotten ready for this. And I get to speak with my favorite person on earth, my Rob. That's about as good as it gets when it comes to me and giving talks! Love, your cuz
I am glad that you have found a wonderful group of people there. I have felt the down days also but I also try and remember what blessings the Lord has given me. It is a long list. And it makes my life wonderful. Love you guys. :)
I know what it feels like to feel like you are alone. Its been six years since moving here and marrying Trevor and I finally feel like I now have people whom I can go to for anything. It does feel good! I guess the thing that I feel most happy about right now is the opportunity I have to be a part in the Protecting Marriage coalition. Protecting the family...what greater thing is there? I am happy to be in the position to be able to donate, and to be able to come up with more ideas (soon to be posted on my blog) to help this great cause.
Hi Stacey, I found that picture on flixster, they had like 1200 pictures. I am glad you clarified who you were or I would have thought you were a crazy person ha ha.
Being truly happy is something I don't take for granted. I spent 2 years in and out of therapy and 8 years dosed on antidepressants before I realized where to find happiness. The one thing I remember the most from my first therapist was that there was nothing wrong with me, just the way I thought about myself. I tried so hard to be something I saw around me- women that weren't real. But I obsessed to look like them and it nearly destroyed me. It takes strength to confront yourself each morning and remember that you are of worth and you don't need to be what the world thinks you should be. Now, three kids later, my body has changed,and my face is not as tight and smooth--but I have real happiness. I would not know true happiness without experiencing my trials, and I am grateful for that.
Post a Comment