Check out Stephenie Meyer's webpage for the full details.... www.stepheniemeyer.com but seriously someone leaked a copy of Midnight Sun and now SM might not even finish it. MUCH MUCH MUCH ANGER! For now I am boycotting reading it because I am so upset...although I know this will not change SM's decision to put off writing and publishing it indefinitely. GRRRRR!!!!
P.S. There is a post about this over at that blog I mentioned before http://www.myfavoriteauthor.blogspot.com/
No, I get it
7 years ago




9 comments:
Ah, that is sooo sad! I was really looking forward to reading that one! Hopefully she'll put it aside for a few years and then come back to it. (One can hope, right?!)
A few years! MUCH MUCH MUCH ANGER!!!!! There is like over 200 pages of it posted on her webiste now...but i'm not reading it...not yet....
Sorry, the only emotion that I'm feeling is sadness. I'm sorry that I won't get to read the rest of that amazing book...I'm even more sorry for her though. That someone close to her, whom she trusted, could do that to her. That had to effect her pretty bad. I do think she handled it well, though. The only way to stop those types of things is to take it away from them. Its sad, but she did the right thing. And yes, I think a few years is a lot better than not at all!
I'm trying to imagine the sense of betrayal and frustration that a writer "done wrong" would feel in a situation like that. I am only an amateur myself, but those words are like your babies, and in this case, also a livelihood. Even if the person, as Ms. Meyer expressed, did not do this to be malicious, what a supreme blow. I wonder if that person feels like the one who carelessly started a fire that burned down a whole community.
I would imagine that person regrets their actions. I really do hurt for Stephenie. I am sure she feels very betrayed, and is also upset with herself. I know I would be. I would question if there was anything else I could have done to stop it. I can only imagine the hurt. I sure hope she can feel peace soon, not only because I want the book. But because she doesn't deserve to hurt.
I did read that about Misnight Sun and I am so sad for Stephenie. I can't imagine how upset she might be. I also didn't go read the draft that she put up. I was to sad to think about it. I hope she can find some peace.
Hi Stacey! I stumbled onto your blog through Liz's page... Congratulations on having a baby girl!! It looks like we had our first babies around the same time! :) Anyway, I just wanted to say hi!
I wonder who leaked it? Ann told me about that last night. Too bad that once it's on the internet, there's no taking it back. . .
Hey Jaclyn! I can't go see your blog and post a "hello" cause I don't have an invite, but I wanted to say hi back! I hope you are loving motherhood as much as I am!
HUGS!
Post a Comment