Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Thanksgiving Point and All That Jazz

So this was a fun weekend. My parents drove up from CA so we did some fun stuff with family. On Friday we went to Thanksgiving Point and went to the Natural History Museum with my brother Sean and his family, (Michelle and their three kids Alex, Bethany and Brooke), and my parents. Tyson couldn't go because he was at work. Becca didn't seem to care much, but it was fun to take her all the same.

This is a picture of Rebecca and her cousin Brooke, before going in to the museum. (By the way, this post took me FOREVER because I tried some of the other formatting for pictures, and I just don't like them. I know centering them makes it a LONG post, but I think it just looks so much better in the end.)

Becca and Alex braved a picture with the Utahraptor. We thought it was pretty cool to have a Dinosaur named after our state!


They DO exist! I found a gnome! I did see two others that were painted into the scenery too. I was so happy to finally see one! (P.S. it's that red and white thing...the red is the hat and the white is the beard)


This is me and Rebecca with the VERY large ancient Sea Turtle...um I didn't pay attention to it's official name...but it was cool.
On Saturday we went to Sean and Michelle's and had BBQ. This was the best and only picture I have of Grandpa Bowen with Rebecca. So here it is. For those of you who know my dad well, also knows that he professes to HATE cats. Well, when he came to our house on Thursday night he said "I like your cat, she has a great personality." ;) I don't think I'll ever let him forget that he said that. (So I'll put a picture of our cat Mocha on here so you can all see her).
This is just a cute picture of Mocha that I took a while ago.

Grandma Bowen made and brought this hat to us. We tried it on at the BBQ. It goes with a dress she made earlier...I just thought it was cute!
Grandma Bowen also brought us this dress and we wore it on Sunday. It is VERY pretty so we took some pictures of Becca in it...they turned out great!

Yep, that's my beautiful baby!

This was just such a funny face I had to put it on here!

Then mom and I went to Brigham City yesterday to see her second cousin (?) Carmen and get some geneology info from her great aunt's geneology books. Becca went with us, and other than not liking being stuck in her carseat for so long she had a good time. It was a fun weekend and good to see family.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I could show you where ALL the gnomes are, you forget i worked there for about a year.we've been meaning to go back to the dinosaur museum, andrew i think would have a lot of fun. especially at the hands on things. let me know if you go again.

Ratliffs said...

That sounds like a FUN weekend! I'm still sad that we didn't go to the NHM when we were there :(. That hat is adorable!! And I love all the bows you put in her hair...makes me jealous ;)!!

Sara said...

Super cute pictures of Becca! Love 'em!! It looks like you had a lot of fun at the museum. She'll appreciate it someday. ;-)