Okay! Are you guys ready? Today starts the posts about our crazy weekend! We took over 200 pictures in 3 days! So I am breaking it up for you. On Friday April 10th we had friends and family over to celebrate Becca's first birthday! We are so grateful for all of you coming! And all the well wishes from other family and friends who couldn't be there! Enjoy the photos!

Rebecca's personal cake! I decorated this one freehand and was happy with how it turned out!

The theme cake for everyone else. A butterfly! I had fun making it. It sure was an experience trying to figure out what I wanted to do to decorate it and how to use the tips and bags and frosting correctly. I think I have learned a thing or two about consistency and pressure now and am actually looking forward to decorating more cakes again someday!

THis was kindof a random shot of our BYU buds, but I thought it was cute! Most of my other candids of the adults didn't turn out so well...

Ainsley, Madeline and Angela made it! They couldn't stay long but it was good to see them! Thanks guys!

Becca was so excited and overwhelmed a bit as people were showing up! It was lots of fun to have so many kids that I know and love around!

Ready for my cake!

My first taste of cake! (we got the singing and candleblowing on video...but no pictures, so if any of you got some let me know!) I have been wanting to rip into this thing all day since mom showed me the finished decorated cake this morning!

Yummy!

I'm really digging in now!

This just keeps getting better and better!

Oh yeah, I've got my own cake and I'll do with it what I want!

Just look at that face!

Mmmm messy and yummy!

This spoon isn't helping much....

Getting a few good bites in with the spoon!

There aren't even words to descirbe the way this cake looked when she was done with it!

The birthday girl and mom! I can't beleive she's one!

Presnet time! Wow there was a lot to open. And that is hard for a one year old, but she got so much great stuff! She loves her new toys. This is a picture of her new baby. Becca loves her baby! She gave it kisses right off the bat!

Opening presents and getting new clothes is so much fun! (Ignore my rediculous expressions please!)

This present was a big hit with all the kids. Since we didn't cover up the hole before we wraped it, you could hear it jingling through the paper, all the kids were excited to find out what it was. Then they all wanted to play it together. I felt a bit surrounded, but it made for a cute picture!

Becca surrounded by the kids again. I thought this was just a good shot of her face...since we didn't seem to get many of her when she had her clothes on. ;)

Becca loves her necklaces! And someone's sandal aparently. ;)

Here are all the kids (minus Ainsley and Madeline who had to leave early) From back, left to right they are Bethany, Brooke (cousins), Bella, Brad, Moab (holding Becca), Becca, Nahvi, Lizzie, Andrew, Um...I'm going to say Danielle, and this one's Juliet (could be the other way around), and Ava! Thanks for coming guys!

It seems we were seriously lacking in the camera department today! She was totally laughing and having fun with all of her friends all night, and we seemed to only get neutral faces in the pictures! But here she is in all of her birthday glory anyway!
We were so thrilled to have all of you over! I am sorry it was so cramped and crazy and sorry that I couldn't invite more (could you imagine one more person in my small house?) but I am so glad that we had so much fun. It will be great memories for Rebecca that she is so loved! We love you all!
5 comments:
Those are great pictures. She did a number on that cake which is always fun.
BTW Paige has that ladybug dress and loves it. hehe. :)
I was glad she went after the cake! It was fun to watch!
I am excited for that dress! Grandma R got it for her.
I love her headband! So cute! She's a doll! And, her cakes were so adorable! I didn't know you were so talented! Awesome job!
Those cakes are adorable!! You did a great job. She is adorable.
Happy Happy Birthday Becca Dear. . . looks like a lot of fun. Wish we could have been there to sing to her!
Post a Comment