So I have been getting milestone info updates from BabyCenter.com and today's e-mail no longer says "Your Baby This Week" it says "Your Toddler This Week" in the title. Then it continues to rub the salt in the wound...
"Your baby has hit the 1-year mark: Happy birthday! Many view the first birthday as the toddler turning point. Others consider your baby a toddler as soon as he starts walking — or, as the case may be, taking his first tentative steps. However and whenever he crosses the line into toddlerhood, it's a bittersweet transition — you miss your little baby even as you delight in your amazing child."
Yeah, thanks for reminding me! ;)
No, I get it
7 years ago




4 comments:
Hang in there Stac! I don't know that I ever felt it as much as you are...I was too excited to see what T.J. was going to do next. Then by the time I had the sense to be sad that my babies were growing up, Ian was nearing two. So I just gave up. Hopefully you're sadness (for this year) wil lshortly be over.
It is bittersweet, but every stage is so wonderful in its own way. Enjoy every moment. She's adorable!
it just gets better from here!
It is exciting to see the next thing they will learn and the cutest is still yet to come. She will say and do the cutest things! I was afraid I would forget those cute little things so I have a little notebook I keep accessible to jot little moments down. Soemtimes I wish the kids were more independent. Yet, yesterday we were watching family movie before bed and Cheyenne fell asleep in my arms. It hit me that these moments of pure innocence were not going to last much longer and I needed to remember that moment. It made me sad that she will be 13 one day and I will probably ache for those moments again.
Post a Comment