Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July: Part 1!

I hope you all had a wonderful fourth! We had a great day! Here are some shots from our afternoon BBQ. Since there are lots, I will post pics of the fireworks tomorrow. For now, here is the BBQ we had with our friend's the Larson's and Andrew!

The food spread! Pasta Salad, Chips and Salsa, Cherries, Watermellon, Corn on the Cob, Burgers fresh from the grill, Lemonade and Grape Soda! It was such a blast and a chance to be thankfull for all the blessings of plenty we have in this country!

The table is set with festive colors and plates!

My Red White and Blue Trifle. It was pretty good if I do say so myself!

Tyson the grill master. We had yummy burgers and all the fixings! It was a huge and fabulous meal!

Becca making a mess of her food.

While we were letting our big meal digest a bit before having trifle, the kids went for a dip in the wading pool. They had so much fun splashing and giggling together!

The pool was big enough for Brad to show off his floating skills. Becca was fascinated with him!

Loving the water with Brad!

Having SO MUCH FUN!

Me and Sara.

The Larson's! How do they get their little baby to pose? What is the secret people? ;)

With a kid who doesn't like to pose for the camera, this was the best family shot we got. But still a good picture I think?

There she is! America's Sweetheart!

Later we went to the Park to fly Tyson's new x-wing kite. It wasn't quite windy enough though.

Andrew attempted to help launch it....

But as you can see...it didn't get up very high.

Becca had fun running around the park anyway!

It was such a great afternoon! Tomorrow, come check out the Riverton Fireworks, and the stuff we did at home on the 5th...cause it was too late on the 4th after we got home from Riverton Park.

4 comments:

i'm erin. said...

oh my goodness, that looks so yummy! I love the trifle, and sniff sniff, I was a little sad that I wasn't invited. ha ha

Sara said...

It was so much fun! Thanks again! I only got the one picture (that I posted on my blog) so I need to get those files from you. If I just copy them from your blog the files aren't always clear enough to print. Maybe our kids pose because they are expected to from birth? I don't know... maybe it's being a photographer's son? (and a camera obsessed mom?) That is a great picture though - I love it! Thanks for taking it!! Thanks again for the BBQ it was awesome! (as I extolled on my post on the 4th) ;-)

Melony said...

looks like you guys had mega fun! Hope you are feeling better soon though! Your trifle looked pretty darn, yummy!

Nicole said...

Oh it looks like you guys had so much fun! Great post I LOVE all the Red, White & Blue! That little Rebecca, she sure is America's Sweetheart, what a cutie!!