So being the crazy me that I am, I decided to throw a party and to to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince for Book club this month. We had a great turn out and it was so much fun! Here are some pictures. Some of my friends got better ones so I will add some more if I ever remember to get thier pictures!
Decor
The Horcruxes!

The Great Hall! Complete with enchanted ceiling to look like the night sky. Our food spread included chocolate frogs, blood pops, Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, Pumpkin Pasties, an Herbology Sampler (veggies and dip), Newt Eye Salsa (black bean salsa) with Bat Wing chips (Blue Corn Chips), Triple Berry Trifle, Troll Eyes (meatballs in the crockpot), licorice wands (licorice dipped one end in chocolate for the handle), and Butterbeer! It was fabulous! Thanks to everyone who helped!

The sorting hat that Tyson and I (mostly Tyson) made! It was hard to get a shot of the face because the flash eliminated the right shadowing that showed it, but if you look closely, it's there!

Our Butterbeer! It was so cool, and turned out really well!

I lit the whole house with just candles a few flicker bulbs and the night sky lights. In this shot you can also see the necklace that curses Katie Bell.
The Characters!
Me in all my craziness as Hermione Granger!

Linds in her Harry Potter Crest shirt! She came up to help me set up it was so sweet of her!

Me as Hermione Granger and Harry Potter. I wonder where Tyson was in all of this? Who knows. We had Harry! ;)

Erin who came straight from school so she is just her cute self, and Sara who is a Gryffindor student.

Jerilynn, Ravenclaw student and Diane Hermione Granger! I kinda cut Diane's head off with this one! But it's the best one of her I had!

Menacing Chelsea Bellatrix Lestrange and fabulously punked out Jena Tonks!

This is our Courtney Bellatrix Lestrange and Luna Lovegood, gosh I'm bad, this is Court's Sister-in-Law and I am blanking on her name! Help Court! Either way they both looked incredible!

Erin, Sara, Dialma and me! I look like a goof...but I had to put it on here.

Proof that Travis was there, eventhough he didn't want to be in any of our crazy pictures. I can't at all imagine why not???

Chelsea Bellatrix Lestrange, and Jena Tonks having a wand duel!

Professor Dialma Trelawny divining our futures.

The whole group! Thanks for coming everyone! It was so much fun to go to a midnight movie and be a dork and dress up, and not have to do it on my own!!!
The movie was awesome! I love the energy of opening night. It is infectuous!
7 comments:
Yay Stacey! Everything looks AMAZING! I'm glad you had such a fun time! But I'm sad we don't live closer... :(
What delightful fun! Great ideas.
Very Cool!
You know how to have a good time and put a fun party together. Thanks for including me!
Hey, you and Tyson look great in Potter chic!
Looks like so much fun!!! I totally wish I would have gotten off work so I could have gone! Sadly, though I fell asleep before your party started.
Wow Stacey! That was quite the party! You seem to have such a great group of friends and a lot o fun.
Post a Comment