Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmassy Tag!

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Change all the answers so that they apply to you. And tag a few friends to spread the Christmas joy!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
For Christmas, it's always paper. And an ingrained trait from my mom, no box should go without ribbon and/or a bow.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
I LOVE real trees. But have not had one since I was probably in middle school. So I guess artificial?

3. When do you put up the tree?
I usually try to have most of my decorations up the weekend of Thanksgiving. If the lights are up before then, we just don't turn them on.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Um...whenever we get around to it. Before Valentines day at least!

5. Do you like eggnog?
Puke

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
The one I remember the most was my Barbie Dream House. Three huge sections that make up this big mansion for Barbie. It was a co-gift from Santa for my sister and me. In my family we don't wrap Santa gifts, we set them up...or rather Santa does...so they are displayed around your stocking when you come down the stairs. Instant fun and reactions. That one took my breath away!

7. Hardest person to buy for?
Tyson

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Right now? Becca. Cause I get to choose what she wants/gets/needs.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes! The original Willow Tree Nativity with all the trimmings. I want the other Willow Tree ones too though!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail! If it's not in the mail, it's not really a card is it...it's an e-mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Um...getting sick.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Whenever I realize I need to start looking.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Only white elephant type things.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Christmas breakfast. After opening all the gifts we always had a huge breakfast with eggs, bacon, danishes, hot chocolate, orange juice, our oranges from the toe of our stockings, maybe a breakfast casserole or waffles. Yum! In Ridgecrest we get Orange Bow Knots. Mmmmm.

16. Lights on the tree?
Of course! Lights are the best part!

17. Favorite Christmas song?

Away in a Manger and Silent Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
This is a tricky question, because you have to define home. Sure my home is in Utah I guess, but I still call California and my parent's house home. So I guess both. I love going home to California.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?
Yep. But can you name all of Snow White's dwarfs?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
STAR!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Open PJs Christmas Eve, and everything else Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
In Utah...trying to drive in the snow. In general, trying to pry info out of Tyson for what he wants not only for Christmas, but his birthday too.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Um...I like all sorts of things. Our tree started out red, green, gold, and a little white only, but we have been branching out. My favorite ornament right now is Becca's "Baby's First Christmas" ornament, because of what it represents.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Ham with all the trimmings. What we always had growing up. And it's never complete unless my dad says "Well, here we are again celebrating the life of a Jew by eating a pig."

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Just a few nice things that are useful and meaningful. I really am mostly just looking forward to having time with my family.

Since Brina already tagged the family, I tag Diane, Sara, Lindsey R, Lindsey B, Tiffanie, Chelsea, and anyone else who wants to do it!

6 comments:

Ratliffs said...

Sounds like Christmas with your family is a HUGE affair! Good luck and have fun with them this year!

Stacey said...

It usually is...but I think Tyson and I might be the only ones in Seal Beach this year.

We would often refer to how many presents are spread out around the room as the "Orgy of Greed". Good times. With 8 kids getting presents for one another, from mom and dad and from Santa, it was usually nuts. But I LOVE it! I love Christmas!

Brina said...

Thanks for doing this. So fun to read. Can't wait to see you guys. Have a good time with your family.

Stacey said...

No one's taking me up on my challenge to name the dwarfs huh?

Sara said...

hey, I just got internet back, so I'll try to catch up on all the tags and other assortment of things I'm supposed to do as soon as I can! :-) I still don't have my desktop though, so I can't catch up on my pics or anything. Sigh. Stupid computer viruses. I hope you're doing well. I'm just in desperate need of distraction from waiting for the next couple of weeks to be over so Christmas and my baby can be here!! :-)

Rob & Tiffanie said...

Sleepy, Doc, Happy, Dopey, Grumpy,Sneezy, Bashful...my kids helped me:)