Monday, March 2, 2009

Name the Movie....

THE RULES:

1. Pick 20 of your favorite movies. (wow that's a lot!)
2. Go to IMDB, find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDB search functions. That's cheating and it ruins the fun.

So I thought 20 was going to be hard, then I looked at my DVDs and I had to pick and choose. I am the type of person that loves all sorts of movies for all sorts of reasons. Enjoy!

1. Him: I can read every mind in this room apart from yours. Sex, money, sex, cat...
Her: So there's something wrong with me?
Him: (Laughs) I tell you I can read minds and you think there is something wrong with you?

2. Him: All Halloween I've been running into someone I used to know.
Her: [wearing a mask] This someone - she meant a lot to you?
Him: Yes, yes she did.
Her: What happened?
Him: I couldn't give her what she wanted.
Her: What did she want?
Him: To be free.

3. Guard: [at the wall] I'm charged with guarding the portal to another world, and you're asking me to just let you through!
Young Man: Yes. Because, let's be honest, it's a field. Look,
[pointing to the field at the other side of the wall] do you see another world out there? No, you see a field. Do you see anything non-human? No. And you know why? Because it's a field!

4. You killed our love fern!

5. In vain have I struggled, it will not do. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.

6. Albuquerque! See, I can do it too!

7. You're the weak one. And you'll never know love,or friendship. And I feel sorry for you.

8. Now, father, you're living in the past. This is the 14th century!

9. He loves her. Love, it's a new style... On the other hand, our old ways were once new, weren't they?... On the other hand, they decided without parents, without a matchmaker!... On the other hand, did Adam and Eve have a matchmaker?... Well, yes, they did. And it seems these two have the same Matchmaker!

10. Hold your ground, hold your ground! Sons of _____, of ______, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!

11. Parleley, parlelellyleloooo, par le nee, partner, par... snip, parsley...

12. And don't take it personally, Finn, but I bought you some expensive, fruity soaps. Take them home, try them out.

13. I know I chatter on far too much... but if you only knew how many things I want to say and don't. Give me SOME credit.

14. In his eyes, all the sadness of the world.

15. Just a little bit louder, because this song is intended for humans, okay?

16. When I was 7 most of my friends stopped believing in magic. That's when I first started. They were beautiful, they were happy. They didn't even need any money, they had magic cards.

17. Her: Give me the child.
Him: Sarah, beware. I have been generous, up till now. I can be cruel.
Her: Generous? What have you done that's generous?
Him: *Everything*! Everything that you wanted I have done. You asked that the child be taken. I took him. You cowered before me, I was frightening. I have reordered time. I have turned the world upside down, and I have done it all for *you*! I am exhausted from living up to your expectations of me. Isn't that generous?

18. I don't need you anymore! All my life you made believe I was only worth what someone would pay for me! But Christian loves me. He loves me! He loves me, Harold. And that is worth everything!

19. Now, you are family. Okay. All my life, I had a lump at the back of my neck, right here. Always, a lump. Then I started menopause and the lump got bigger from the "hormonees." It started to grow. So I go to the doctor, and he did the bio... the b... the... the bios... the... b... the "bobopsy." Inside the lump he found teeth and a spinal cord. Yes. Inside the lump was my twin.

20. You know, I feel really bad not knowing your name. Maybe I can guess. Is it, uh... Mildred?

Good Luck! Just post what you think the answers are and I'll give credit for each movie for the first person who gets it right!

8 comments:

Stacey said...

OKay people! I'm starting to get a complex that no one reads my blog anymore because no one ever comments!

Michael and Lindsey said...

#1 is definitely Twilight! I'll post back if I figure any others out.

Angela said...

Okay, I totally did NOT cheat and look up answers ... and all of the ones I didn't answer I feel like I know what the movie is (especially 7 & 13), but I just can't remember the title!!!

At any rate, here are my answers!

1. Twilight
2. Penelope
3. Stardust
4. How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days
5. Pride & Prejudice
6.
7.
8. Sleeping Beauty
9. Fiddler On The Roof
10. Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King
11. Pirates of the Carribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
12.
13.
14.
15. Music and Lyrics
16. Shopaholic
17. Labyrinth
18. Moulin Rouge
19. My Big Fat Greek Wedding
20. The Little Mermaid

Stacey said...

Hey, since I can...I am going to keep your answers private from now on, so you can't look at eachothers, and then post all the comments and who got them right together, after I get a few responses at least. ;) Just FYI.

BallerinaBiker said...

Ok,

#4, How to Lose a Guy in 10 days
#5, Pride & Prejudice
#6, National Treasure
#8, Cinderella ?
#9, Fiddler on the Roof
#10, Lord of the Rings
#11, Pirates of the Carribean
#13, Anne of Green Gables (?)
#19, Ben says he knows, but he can't remember.

And I'm sure one of those is a Buffy movie but I'm not sure which! haha!

BallerinaBiker said...

I don't know why you don't think anyone reads your blog. I check it everyday! I may not comment everyday, but I at least read it!

Diane Owen said...

#1- Twilight
#4- How to Lose a Guy in 10 days.
#5- Pride and Prejudice
#6- I Totally know this, but it won't come to me, ugh!!
#7- He's just not that into you??
#8- Ever After
#9- Fiddler on the Roof
#10- Lord of the Rings
#11- Pirates of the Carribean
#15- Music and Lyrics
#16- Confessions of a Shopaholic
#19- My Big Fat Greek Wedding
#20- Little Mermaid (I only watch this one about 10 times a week...)

I like movies, if you can't tell. I'm sure I could get some more if I tried harder. :)

Nathan said...

2 is penelope pig, 3 is stardust, 4 is how to lose a guy in 10 days, 9 is The Fiddler on the roof, 12 is Waking ned devine, 11 is pirates of the Caribbean (black pearl I think), is 10 Braveheart?, 20 is totally Little mermaid, and 18 is Moulin Rouge. I read your blog Stacey, but if you hadn't commented on it I probably wouldn't have taken the time to guess these though.