Well here is part two. This is a longer set of pictures, but I couldn't break up the ones of the temple. Enjoy!

I thought this was too funny. Becca was sleeping with her bum up in the air. I had to get a picture of it.
Friday night James wanted to play Croquet, so we pulled out the stuff. We didn't bother with widgets.

Becca trying to figure out what these mallets and sticks and balls are all about!

Action shot!

Too cute! I can't remember what he ate that made Maxwell's mouth all red, but I'm glad I got a shot of it!

Sweeet Sophie. She was so beat this afternoon but wouldn't lay down for a nap. She fell asleep in this chair watching James play PBS Kids games on the computer.

Ah yes. This is how playtime between Rebecca and Maxwell developed as time flew by. They began to take stuff from eachother and actually struggle about it. Which was new for her!

Rebecca was fascinated whenever my brother would play the piano. This was a very sweet shot of Sophie and Rebecca together at the piano.

My little piano player!
These next few pictures show why a minivan is a good idea if you want more than two kids...

Two big kids in the back!

Two babies in the middle!

The California, Sacramento Temple. We went to walk around the grounds for Family Home Evening. Ryan was lucky enough to play the organ for the cornerstone ceremony during the dedication time.
It truly is a beautiful building that brings peace into my heart. All temples do this for me. They remind me of the sacred things that go on inside and the truthfulness of the Gospel. They stand for truth and righteousness and eternal families. I am so blessed to know that temples exist and that the work of God is done there every day!

The walkway of arches in the front. Such a beautiful place for wedding pictures!

I love the detail even on the exterior sidewalks. These stars are located under the last arches on either side of the front walkway.

This is the side of the temple. They repeated the words "Holiness to the Lord, The House of the Lord" here and on the front. Since this is the way that Moroni is facing (East). I think it is a lovely touch for pictures.

These polished granite railings go all the way around the temple. I would not want to be the one to polish them, but they are very beautiful!

Sweet, sweet Sophie. Too cute for words.

Ryan said that some of these larger oak trees were ones that were preserved from before temple construction. I think they definitely add a sense of wonder and appriciation for all the things God has created for us, large and small.

This is one of my favorite shots. It reminds me of pictures I took of Westminster Abby in London. Eternal and beautiful.

Look at those colors in bloom! God truly created a beautiful world for us!

Families truly can be together forever! Rebecca loves her cousins so so much!

Mom and daughter. Sealed together forever! I love that smile on her face!

I thought this was a cool shot of Rebecca with the temple at her side. I hope she always remembers the importance of this sacred place!
One very fun thing was the wild turkeys and geese we saw. None of my pictures of them turned out. But I guess it is very common for the wild turkeys to roam the grounds. How fun!
4 comments:
What a good photographer you are! those are some great shots. The temple is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
Well thanks Sara! I always love walking around temple grounds. Each one is so beautiful in its own way!
It looks like you guys had an amazing time! Go you for being a temporary mom to 4! Great Temple shoots too!
Tyson -- Whasssup? Got your blog from stacey's comment on the Spencer's blog. They found us because through our blog. Our newborn is hypoplastic left heart. Anyway, just thought I'd drop a line.
Post a Comment