Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Arrives!

So we have slowly been getting all of our Christmas stuff up! We started putting lights outside about a week ago, but didn't turn them on yet. The Nativity went up on Wednesday when we organized the front room so that there was room for the tree. We finished the outside of the house and decorated the tree on Friday. Then our light sensor broke, so we can only plug in the lights on the roof of the house, because without the sensor plugged in, the other ones for the lawn and trees don't reach the plug! We still have some more stuff to organize and put up, but having my tree and Nativity up make it feel like Christmas at our house!

Mocha is of course going nuts trying to get at the tree as usual. One ornament has been broken already. Rebecca is fascinated with the tree. Thankfully we still have a really small tree that we could put up on a table, so she can't reach it at all. She crawls over to it, pulls herself up on the table and just stares at it. She will sometimes talk to it with a rhythmic...oh, oh, oh. We have my grandma's old music box on the lights that makes them flash to the sounds of a bunch of Christmas tunes. She loves that! I am so excited to share this first Christmas with her!

Because of the broken light sensor, I didn't get any pictures of our outside decor yet, but here are some fun ones I took when we put the tree up, including Rebecca putting on her "Baby's First Christmas" ornament.

Here is Mocha waiting to pounce on some ornaments.

This is our cool "ball of fire" shot that I got when Tyson was testing out all of our lights. Someday, a prelit tree!

What is it mom?

If I could only reach....

Ooooh! Ahhhhhh!

But I don't want to let go, I want to eat it!

We are loving having our home filled with the smells, decor, and music of Christmas! We are so excited to be going home to CA to see our family (both parent's homes at some point) and having 2 weeks on vacation! This is the best time of year!

5 comments:

Ratliffs said...

I so agree! I love this time of year!! I remember having indoor cats with a Christmas tree...what fun! :D Can't wait to see you guys!!!

Vicki said...

Love the pictures! Becca is so cute--can't wait to see her, and both of you too.

Wendy said...

I am pained to be so far from you and your growing daughter. Somehow I imagine time standing still while we are apart, but I see pictures of Rebecca proped up by your table top Christmas tree and I know it is not so! It seems only yesterday that we rocked in the moonlight and were up to our eyeballs in naked barbies. I miss you. Big Sis. Wendy Hope

Stacey said...

Hey Wen! You actually checked it without me telling you to do so. Wow. ;) She is growing up VERY fast! We wish we could see more of you more often too!

Nicole said...

Hey Stacey, I found your blog on Jena's and just had to peak! I love your blog, so fun! Rebecca looks so cute in these Christmas pics too, the look on her face is so cute.

We have a blog too, if you wanna peak send me your email to willardfam2002@yahoo.com

Cute blog, you guys are such a fun family!