Thursday, February 12, 2009

First Pregnancy Tag!

Me at 5 months along. I was still feeling cute.

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Yes and no. Yes because I had wanted to get pregnant for about 2 years, no because when I got pregnant we weren't "trying" but we weren't preventing either. I had wanted to really try after losing 15 more pounds...but she had other plans.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
I'm repeating whtat my MIL said for this one "For me, there is no other choice!"

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
At first I didn't beleive it, because the line on the test was SOOOO faint! Once it hit me for real I was surprised and elated! The baby that we had waited for was finally coming!

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
Never ever ever ever ever!


8 Months! I got HUGE! Oh what 3 months can do to you!

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
24

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
Well, that's kindof funny. I was about a week late for my period, and having PMS symptoms with one STRANGE addition. Chocolate was revolting to me! Anyone who knows me knows this is NOT NORMAL. So I took the test, and there was the line!

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Actually I told my friend Lindsey first, because I wanted to confirm what that VERY faint line meant before getting Tyson's hopes up. Then I told Tyson when he got home from work by putting the test stick inside of a hot dog bun and sticking it in the oven. Then when he got home from work I asked him to pull that thing out of the oven for me while making something else for dinner. His reaction was great!

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
Yes! I am not a patient person. I think people who don't find out are crazy!

9. DUE DATE?
April 1st. But she was a week late. Strangely enough she was also grandbaby #13 on both sides of the family, so I thought I was pretty much doomed with this one!

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Honestly not really. Nothing that snacking on a few crackers couldn't fix. I was very lucky, and never threw up.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Fried Zuchinni, fruity stuff, never wanted chocolate the whole time!

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
Um...I think it was just my normal stuff but a little more sensitive. Since I wasn't sick, I don't think it affected me too much. I was more weepy than irritated.

My baby girl, the day she was born!

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
Girl!

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
Nope! I was expecting a boy before they told me otherwise, but I would not give up my sweet baby girl for anything!

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
25 lbs.

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes, my mom threw me one in CA with the ward I grew up in, and then I had one by my house with friends up here.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I definitely knew about it.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Only at the very end my hip was killing me so much it was hard to walk and my feet killed from swelling. Then of course there was my birthing story....

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Sandy, Utah. Alta View Hospital

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
And induction, 12 Hours, and 2 hours of pushing with no result. She was not going to make it through my birth canal, I had developed a fever, I was shaking uncontrollably, and Becca's heartrate was going up so we (very tearily) did a C-Section after all of that. It was the best and worst day of my life. And I never have to deal with labor again. I have decided I am happy about that!

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Tyson

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Tyson. Mom R was there that day too during all the labor stuff, and then stepped out when it was time to push. I was so happy she was there though for after the C-Section!
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
Um...I think I've answered this! ;)

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Yep! After being induced and starting to hurt, I got it. I fell asleep it was so nice! Then I was glad I had it for the C-Section cause all they had to do at that point was give me a mega dose with the line that was already in.

Picture Day in the hospital, 2 days old.

25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN?
12:01 AM April 9, 2008. Stubborn little child wouldn't come out on her induction day. She did NOT want to come out!

26. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
8 lbs. 11 oz. Thus the not fitting!

27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Rebecca Ann


28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
10 months! ;)

If you want a fun walk down memory lane, I tag you!

6 comments:

Diane Owen said...

I'm pretty sure she wasn't 18 pounds. ;) Its fun to hear other people's stories.

Stacey said...

Woops! That's supposed to say 8...I'll change it!

Sara said...

That was a fun tag! Becca is so cute. :-) i remember those days and days of trying to distract you at the end! Ah, the memories. Thanks again for your help yesterday!! :-)

Rob & Tiffanie said...

None of my babies looked that beautiful for their hospital pics. I had big babies that had to squeeze out, so maybe that's why they looked "squeezed":) Sorry you had a bad labor experience. I have had a little of everything but the end has always been the best part anyway:)

Stacey said...

That is one benefit of a C-Section...round headed babies!

Ratliffs said...

Fun! I did this one awhile ago, I just haven't gotten around to posting it. Soon, maybe... :)