I liked it even better! I wasn't so delirous or high on the opening night rush this time, so I was able to focus on the story, the acting, the emotions, etc. better.
Rosalie didn't bother me as much, she still just doesn't look the part to me. Jacob didn't bother me as much because I realized his smirk at Edward at the end is because he let Bella get hurt, not that he believes anything bad about the Cullens....yet. And Kristen bothered me more. I could do without the exasperated snort all the time.
This time I went with my hubby! Tyson enjoyed it...he didn't say much, but what else is new. We also went with Angela and Scott, Jena and McKay, Brandy and Dave were there, and we saw Courtney there with her sister-in-law! It was great to see everyone there again and hear the husband's reactions especially. Those who have not read the book yet (which I think was all of the men besides Tyson!) were interested in reading them now! Yay! We will convert them all yet!
So...there you have it folks. I know a lot of my family etc. has now seen it...what did you think?
No, I get it
7 years ago




10 comments:
I am with you Stacey! I totally loved it more the second time because I was able to just sit and enjoy every moment of the movie!
Thanks again for a fun night.
--Jena
I actually liked it better than I thought - well, the second half anyway. There were a few scenes in the first half that my sisters and I couldn't help but laugh at (and they weren't supposed to be funny... I don't think...) But overall, I liked it. Didn't *love* Kristen as Bella, but she did okay. But I didn't really love Bella in the books anyway until she became a vamp, so maybe she played the part just right!! Rob definitely grew on ya as Edward, and I love Ashley Greene (I'm telling ya, she is perfect for you know what with longer hair and blue eyes! Not tall enough, but that's okay. I can let that slide) I loved the baseball scene and the fight scene was pretty awesome too. So I felt like it got better as it went. Didn't like the prom scene much (except for Edward kissing her neck). That was SO not what she was supposed to be wearing. And what happened to seeing Alice and Rosalie in all their designer glory?? But overall, I liked it. :-)
I'm not sure you'd care to hear what I thought of it... :D
Sure I do, I'm open for opinions!
Hmmm...How to say this nicely...I didn't really like it. Much at all. I was going to take Trevor to see it, but I'm not sure I could sit through it again. Kristen Stewart drove me NUTS. I knew she would, and I tried to stay open minded, but in the end she drove me crazy. She may look the part, but she sure couldn't act like it. (I'm not sure she can act at all!) I bet you could count the number of full sentences she said on one hand, and I didn't like the way she always seemed to look down her nose at everybody. I liked pretty much everyone else okay...wish there had been more of Emmit. The vampires were altogether much too happy and smiley for how they should have been. Edward was good...he may not have looked like Edward to me, but the man can act, so it turned out okay. All in all the movie gave me a headache. There were good parts to it, but over all I didn't think it was all that good. We'll probably wait until it comes out on dvd for Trevor to watch it, but I really don't think I'll want to own it. It did make me want to come home and read the books again though! Too bad I'm in the middle of another interesting series! Oh well...I really wanted to like it...
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. Kristen's acting for the most part didn't bother me, but that cough sound she made was incredibly annoying the second time around.
As with the vampires, I guess I never read them as being brooding other than Edward and Jasper...and I thought Jasper's pained face was great. I always pictured Alice being very happy, as well as Esme. Emmet in general is a guy that enjoys his life, so I thought it was funny when he was smiling about the prospect of killing James.
Why the headache?
I have seen it twice and am planning on going again with my mom this week sometime. I liked it. It wasn't as good as the book but I didn't expect it to be. I thought it was a bit cheesy in some spots but that was ok with me. I didn't have any problems with the actors. For the most part I thought they all looked fairly good. I think I am like Stacey I never thought of most of them as being brooding. Jaspers shock looked all the time was a bit weird. The only problem I had with the whole movie was the end when Carlie has to tell Edward to stop when he is getting the venom out of Bella. Other then that I enjoyed it alot. Sorry you didn't Aimee. I know you were looking forward to it. Glad you enjoyed it Stacey.
I think the part with the vamps that bugged me the most was during the cafeteria shots at school. They were laughing and smiling instead of staring at the walls and stuff. When they were away fom everybody else, I had no problem with their 'happiness' because that was how it was. Just when they were at school...it just didn't fit to me. I did like Jasper though...I'm not sure he ever smiled!
As for the headache...I'm not sure. Maybe I was concentrating too much, or trying to analyze while watching/waiting to see when the movie was going and who was going to do what. It felt like I was watching a documentary (one that lasted for ever), and it just made my head hurt.
Aimee, honestly my suggestion would be to go see it again and not think so much! Realize you already know the story, and it sticks pretty close to the story, so just enjoy seeing it on screen.
One of my favorite things about the movie was some of the cinematography. It was simply beautiful. And my favorite scene? The flash of them all dolled up old school vamp movie style with Edward sucking Bella's blood. I want to see a still shot of that frame!
I honestly am glad that I saw it once, but I think that that one time is enough for me. By the time it comes out on dvd I think I'll have had enough time away from it to be open minded about it again. But right now I'm just happy to have the real things (the book) :D. Glad everyone else enjoyed it, it just turned out to not be my thing. :D (That doesn't mead that I won't be seeing the other movies atleast once though... :D)
Post a Comment