Monday, November 17, 2008

Word Verification Fun

Okay, so...no one has been commenting on my blog lately. I suppose my obsession with Twilight is old news or something... ;) So, I decided to switch it up a bit with some fun stuff.

I have been paying a lot of attention to the word verification feature here on blogger. I am sure it is just a randomization program, but some of the words it comes up with are just too fun to ignore. So here is a list of a few of my favorites -- okay more than just a few, ten -- and the definition I came up with in my head when I read them. Try it yourself! And let me know if there have been any fun word verifications that have caught your eye.

1. danish -- okay the definition to this one was obvious, but I thought it was fun that I got a real word!

2. winch -- A mix between a witch and a wench (scary indeed!)

3. extesses -- excessive extras

4. unduck -- something not duck-like. Ex. A cow is sooo unduck!

5. tagra -- And addictive drug that induces the need to tag ones friends. Found excluseively in the blogging world.

6. bergoods -- to me this sounded like a high end department store

7. slysick -- When one is sick of others who are sly

8. dialogit -- Dialoge that requires logic

9. gists -- real word...well gist is, can it be plural?

10. destiphi -- the way Gus from Cinderella would pronounce "Destiny"

6 comments:

Vicki said...

I don't usually pay attention, but you have some fun definitions. I especially like unduck, extesses and tagra!

Rob & Tiffanie said...

Well, the word at the bottom now says "tycente" which sounds like a fancy way to say Tyson. Lately I have been getting actual words. I really hate the word verification becasue soemtimes they are blended together so well I can't even tell what the letters are!

Stacey said...

I can't read them either sometimes. At least blogger has fixed that if you type it in wrong your comment doesn't get deleted. That was annoying!

Ratliffs said...

I don't think anyone has been commenting anywhere lately...I've noticed it on a lot of blogs. For some reason this time of year has been hectic for everyone everywhere!

Vicki said...

how about banato- banana flavored tomato or tomato flavored banana?

Stacey said...

hmmm any suggestions for a definition to "diastsal" I am thinking something about being disasterous...but I think it deserves better than that.