Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

Hey everyone! I thought I would take the time to post some pictures from Thanksgiving. I didn't get a ton, but enough that you can see what we did.

First, here is a random shot from a few days before of me and Becca. I have been noticing that I don't have many pictures with her, so this was my attempt to correct that.



Okay, here are the Thanksgiving ones! We had Thanksgiving with our friends down the street Scott and Angela, and thier two girls. It was very low key, we split up the food duties and it was lots of fun!

This is Tyson and Scott playing Mario Kart on the Wii!

Becca had a BLAST playing with Ainsley and Madeline and discovering all the new toys!

Our family portrait. I took it myself! Can ya tell?

This is Angela with her beautifully made Turkey! We had SO much food for four adults! But it was delicious! We had homemade cranberry sauce, rolls, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, green bean caserole, caesar salad, pomegranite cranberry sparkling apple punch, and later pies! I didn't get a picture of my pies though! Bummer! We had pumpkin, dutch apple (one of my favs!) and an awesome pie recipe I got from my SIL for the person who doesn't like pie, snickerdoodle pie!

So pretty!

This being Rebecca's first Thanksgiving I couldn't not get this super cute bib!

Then I was so proud of myself for making these home made baby food yams. But she only took a few bites. I think the texture was just too thick, and she could see the jar of peas sitting on the table waiting for her.

All the fun toys! Wow! She sure had a great day! Thank you so much for having us over Angela!

Then the next day we were invited to more festivities with friends, bu I couldn't do it! I was exhausted, cramping, and overall just ug. So I wanted to just say sorry I couldn't make it guys! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving too!

More posts to come later...must go get ready for church now!

2 comments:

Ratliffs said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Glad to hear it! And btw, I love your family picture! :D It looks cute!

Rob & Tiffanie said...

Get used to the lack of pictures of you with the kids! I am always the one taking the pictures so I end up trying to make up for it with self taken pictures that make us look stupid. My kids will wonder where mommy was throughout their childhood. Lately Maddie likes to take pictures of me and the kids, and does an impressive job.I love the picture of you and Rebecca--you look so beautiful.