First here is my pumpkin both candle-lit and just a normal shot of it. I was happy with how it turned out, and really sad that it is already warping so much!
Then this is Becca's pumpkin. We put a cat on it because she LOVES our kitty so much! The shot of her with the pumpkin was taken last night...you can see in the background how much mine is warping! (Especially look at the "l")
And this is our friend Andrew's witch. He usually leaves his pumpkins with us since he lives in an apartment where it is most likely his pumpkin would get smashed. Gotta love college kids....




8 comments:
Those are so awesome, I saw them on your porch yesterday and was way impressed! I heard that you can immerse pumpkins in a bathtub of water for a little while to help them survive a little longer...it might be worth a try and those beauties!
Very cool! You are one talented pumpkin carving lady! ;-)
Thanks S!
I should try soaking it! It's withering faster than a normal pumpkin would because of shaving the one side...that leaves the soft tissues (for lack of a better word) exposed, and utah is so dry! Where I grew up carved pumpkins lasted a lot longer!
P.S. I'll confess that Tyson helped me with the "g" I couldn't figure out how to make it look right, and I knew I was going to mess it up!
Awesome pumpkins, they looked great in person also!
Way cool! Well, you talked me into doing at least one pumpkin this year! :D We're going to a pumpkin patch on our way into Bakes on Halloween and then while we are waiting for my mom and dad to get off work, we'll be carving away!! But they probably won't be as cool as yours ;D
Great job Stacey? Did you get patterns for those? I've been trying to remember what web-sites have patterns. By the way, Rebecca is the cutest thing ever!
Well for the pattern ones we bought the book and carving sets at wal mart, but the others like tyson's and my twilight and harry potter ones we just printed images off of the computer and used those. Actually, the twilight one is the design we put on our shirts for the Breaking Dawn Party. ;)
Post a Comment