Hey everyone. Well, Rebecca had been doing so well eating cereal we decided to start her on veggies last night -- peas. I think the pictures speak for themselves as to how she liked them.
Needless to say, we need to try a few more times to get her used to the flavor. We got video which is even funnier, but we have not downloaded the software for our camcorder yet, so I'll have to try and get Tyson to do that tonight.
So after the big green mess and a little bit of cereal to top her off (since she only ate about 1/3 of the container of peas) we took a bath. She has been sitting up much much better lately, and so we decided to give it a try. Here she is sitting up in her bath all by herself! And a fun splashy picture...she LOVES to splash! Water gets everywhere!
That's all for now!




7 comments:
Cute! My kids always hated peas. I don't think I got either of them to eat them much at all. Plus I couldn't stand the smell myself! My kids loved sweet potatoes and squash the most. pretty much anything orange, if it was green it was dicey! Good luck. She's such a cutie!
ya. I figure she'll like the sweeter stuff better, but the doctor said to try to feed her the green stuff first so she wasn't a sweet junkie! I really like peas, so maybe after time she will too. It took her a month to eat cereal without cringing. I think she is just one of those kids that each new flavor is going to take time.
Cute pictures! Did you try mixing it with more cereal than peas? That's how we eased Brad into it, we made sure there was a lot less of the new flavor than the old one he liked until he got used to it. Just a thought. :-) Good luck! It's worth it to make 'em eat their greens - he still loves veggies to this day (usually). ;-)
Another thought would be to go back and forth. So you tried peas, after that was is gone, IF you can get her to eat it you should try one of the milder flavors, the orange ones, just cuz you want her to LIKE food, and if you keep stuffing only the bizzare green one down her she may decide not to eat it anymore at all. :P Speaking from a true Sweet Tooth, despite what I ate as a baby.
So, so cute! Becca is adorable!
Hey everyone! Thanks for the ideas! I actually thought of doing the cereal thing, but we wanted her to have a true taste the first time. I did put some in her cereal this morning and she ate it just fine.
I think it might be a texture thing too. She is used to the thicker texture of the rice cereal. I have noticed she doesn't like it thin, and she doesn't like the slightly rougher texture of the oatmeal, but she is okay with it if it is mixed in with more rice than oats.
I can't beleive my baby is eating veggies! I'm such a proud mama!
GREAT picture! Love that face :D!
Post a Comment