Friday, October 17, 2008

High School Tag!

I feel like I have not posted in FOREVER, eventhough it has only been since Sunday...my SIL did this post and so here it is...the High School Tag!

1. Did you date someone from your school? Honestly, no. I never had a boyfriend. I went on dates, but it was always just as friends. Tyson was my first boyfriend, and first kiss for that matter. I guess I'm lucky, I didn't have to kiss many frogs before finding my prince! (P.S. That is my Senior Picture)

2. What kind of car did you drive? My first car was an electric blue Oldsmobile Station Wagon that used to be my grandparent's car that my grandpa had painted that color about a year before my dad bought it. My second and favorite car was a Black t-top firebird. I felt SOOO cool in that car! (also affectionately known as KIT or the Batmobile, and is featured int he movie Ridgecrest.)

3. Were you a party animal? No, but I did inadvertantly attend a few parties where some of my friends were drinking. My favorite night was the one where I had to keep my friend from stripping in the front lawn at a party. Sigh.

4. Were you considered a flirt? Well honestly I can say there were deffinitely times that I tried flirting, but usually the wrong guy got the wrong impression and it just caused a mess.

5. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Choir all the way! I took summer school keyboarding and health class BEFORE my freshman year so that I would have time in my schedule to do choir and still take Spanish (but please don't ask me to speak Spanish!) After that I was in 2 choirs every year. GO SHOW! (Which by the way doesn't exist anymore, it has a new name and a new director.)

6. What was your most embarrassing moment of high school? Winter Formal 2001. Ug I don't even want to think about it!

7. Were you a nerd? I suppose in my own way. I was a choir and honors class kid, but I don't think I was super nerdy. I'd say semi-nerd.

8. Were you on any varsity teams? No. After getting shin splints freshman year, I opted not to continue with trying for sports and do choir only.

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Nope! Never even had a detention in high school.

10. Can you still sing the fight song? We didn't really have a fight song...there were a few basic cheers and our school song. I can sing that! And I can sing a good majority of the songs we sang in choir.

11. Who were your favorite teachers?Ms. Carp, choir director, Mrs. Zieg and Mrs. Wilson (English teachers), Mrs. Currie (Chemistry). I liked a lot of my teachers.

12. What was your school's full name? Los Alamitos High School

13. School mascot? Griffins!

14. Did you go to homecoming, and with who? Yes, but it was just a bunch of friends going. Our homecommings were not formal dances, they were themed. Jr year it was "In the Wild" so we dressed in Jungle patterns and did our hair all crazy (there were a few Tarzan's and Jane's there) and Sr. Year it was "Through the Ages" So I went 50's biker chick style with leather pants and a shirt with flames on it.

15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Yes! High school was Drama! But I had so much fun! Choir serisously is what saved it for me. I had great friends in there that I still talk to. And who wouldn't want to go to London/Paris for spring break again?

16. What do you remember most about graduation? I had a solo durring the senior song and the mike wasn't on. The first time I was going to sing in front of so many of my fellow students as a solo, and the mike wasn't on! GRRRR!

17. Where did you go senior skip day? I don't think we did one? If we did it was scheduled along with all the other senior stuff at the end of the year and it was expected. I was in all AP classes and choir, and the one requried Government/Econ my senior year, so after the week of AP tests I had it pretty easy for a month anyway.

18. Were you in a club? Kindof I guess. I was technically in the Strippling Warrior club for a while.

19. Have you gained some weight since then? Ug...don't ask.

20. Who was your prom date? Matt Harris! It was the best formal I had ever been to and he was just a friend. It took a LOT of pressure off.

21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Absolutely! One thing Tyson and I DON'T have in common is he really does not care about High School, I look forward to seeing everyone and going back.

22. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Don't stress so much about feeling left out. It's not worth the fight. Oh and don't post that livejournal thing where you cuss out that one teacher. It comes back to haunt you. (Ya, I was a tad naughty with my language at times in High School....)

Tag: Since the SIL's have been tagged, I tag Sara, Angela, Courtney, Lindsey, Chelsea, Mandy, Diane, um anyone who reads this who wants to!

1 comment:

Ratliffs said...

You would have been fun to have as a friend in high school! :D Guess I'll just have to settle for having you as a friend (and sil) now instead! :D jk